Engine bay electrics and seat fittings - IVA advice needed

And the questions keep coming...

1) I tidied up the cables in the engine bay today putting most of the big loom into conduit. Some of the smaller wires leading to the radiator fans are simply cable tied to the chassis and I am loathed to make my knuckles bleed moving them - what's the IVA man's view on fixing eclectics in this manner.

2) Has anyone else fitted Interiors Seating IVA Cobra seats? My issue is that they have a much greater recline angle than my original seats and I think I may need to drill new holes and mount them further forward in the cockpit, if I were to bolt them straight to the floor. This will give me much less room and not much adjustment. An alterative would be to raise the back of the runners so I can put them in further back. Does anyone have a view on an IVA friendly way of doing this or even what the general rules for seat fittings are?

Thanks again,
    Rich

Dont think cable ties are a problem for IVA though this will look amateurish and may influence how the inspector will view the car IMHO, im not sure of what you are building, but raising the seat runners or even having seat runners in the first place, will usually affect IVA because of seat squab to seat belt mount height issues, and normally seats are bolted straight to the floor, for now at least!

I see,

I'm building, well really finishing, a part built Pilgrim Sumo. Perhaps I will make do with the reduced leg room for now.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by phattcontroller View Post
    And the questions keep coming...

I tidied up the cables in the engine bay today putting most of the big loom into conduit. Some of the smaller wires leading to the radiator fans are simply cable tied to the chassis and I am loathed to make my knuckles bleed moving them - what's the IVA man's view on fixing eclectics in this manner.

Thanks again,
    Rich
    Rich, if you think there is even a small chance that over time the vibrations will cause the cablet tie to rub through the insulation then put it in some type of conduit... skinned knuckles or watching your pride and joy turn into a smokey gooey mess?
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

As long as the majority of the cabling is in a decent conduit, the odd single wire to a specific item shouldn't be a problem. The important thing is to have any cables incapable of being frayed, particularly where they pass through bulkheads or touch surfaces.

It is quite easy to add a bit of split trunking to the odd wire - I had to do a bit of the for SVA.

My seats are a bit too far forward now and slightly twisted due to change of seat/runner from the original Dax set. Leg room is about OK but the steering wheel is a tad close. Not sure what I'll do yet but maybe straightening up and/or tilting a bit would give a bit more space.

Andi.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
    Dax Tojeiro, Chevy 350, Tremec TK05, 3.54 Powerloc diff. MoT'd, SVA'd, registered, taxed and insured. Now with RAC cover, just in case
    Polishes to date = 7. Engines to date = 2. Seats to date = 4. Sold

hi Rich

Jason Barnes has those seats, the blue one with white seats, you saw at the grasshopper

you could send him a pm?

Steve
    Sumo, modified