Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northern Meet

Quote Originally Posted by rocketmut View Post
    Hi guy's,
    this will be one of the first sundays i've had off for nearly three months, going on hols next week so gonna do a bit of shopping instead of the meet. The good news is I should have the car out of hock by November.
    See you soon.
    Steve.
    Good to hear from you mate. Glad to see you are still in the land of the living and still have the cobra. Have a good holiday. See you soon.
    Chris.

GD Mk3, Chevy 350, 420bhp.
    Now for sale
    Now Sold

Cheers Chris, it's been a long slog but the light at the end of the tunnel is quite bright so hopefully not too long before I'm back on an even keel.
    STEVE.
    THE MAN WHO NEVER RISKS EXEEDING HIS LIMITS SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT HIS MEDIOCRE LIFESTYLE.
    DB DAX DE-DION NO 117, HUDDART 396W STROKER,+ HARDTOP.

Have a Great holiday mate, and i am pleased to hear the good news ,your getting the car back,been a tough year for a lot of us i include myself in that. regards Dave B,
    never driven in anger only driven with passion.Remember your never to old to be what you might have been.?

good to see everyone again

Got back home fine - cob didn't miss a beat - very pleased.

Will check over what you noticed Col, it does appear to be out - how's best way to fix that??

cheers
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Hi Gary thanks for bringing along my cobra banner also great to see you guys again, oh nearly forgot, Gary has got a Cobra and it's red, i've seen it

Kind regards Lester

Great to see everyone today despite weather, even Gary turned up in his, though i did have to rub my eyes to make sure it wasnt an illusion lol, as regards the back axle, if it is definately out (we talked about how to check) some inspecting needs to be done to make sure everything is secure, particulaly the lower wishbone pivot, where it is bolted to the diff, even though these are/should be locktied, its not unknown for these to come loose, and packers behind to come out, also if you can, check the diff to chassis top bolts, if ok, and no sign of movement, then my guess is it was probably built like that, you also need to check that the rear wheels are parallel or very slight toe in (to front), checked with two lengths of dead straight timber tie wrapped, or clamped to the wheels (must be on the flat surface of the wheel rim via blocks not on the edge or on the tyres) pointing backwards and parallel to the road, then measure the front and the back, should be the same or slightly wider at the back, you will have to check then that the axle is square to the chassis, by using same method, but this time pointing foreward, and measure from the front hubs, it should be equal both sides, let us know if it is not

Dave it was me who peeped at you on the M62, I was in a blue focus estate, nearly missed you in all that spray

Kind regards Lester

Quote Originally Posted by bloke from stoke View Post
    Dave it was me who peeped at you on the M62, I was in a blue focus estate, nearly missed you in all that spray

Kind regards Lester
    um????????
    never driven in anger only driven with passion.Remember your never to old to be what you might have been.?

Hi Dave, not you, don't you remember you were not there, it was another Dave, from Bolton in a blue AK/DAX

Kind regards Lester

PS Did the weather put you off

LOL!, BTW, think its a dax Lest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast