Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I do hope this is a mistake
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Im shocked - ofcourse the police may have been using Den's gaff just to park the vans?
    Anyone been down there to see if its 'business as usual'?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

This is a bit worrying - I'd rather not have to start a new thread "will a v6 cossie fit in a dax" so if anyone hears anything about this I'd love to know.

If it turns out to be as we hope it isn't, it would completely scupper my economical buy the donor car complete with the engine in it plan...

... dont worry, if it all goes wrong do what den did, and buy the company for a tenner
    - and have a spliffing good time in the garden
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

A short while into the video, inside the building there are banners hanging from the roof saying "powerplant" now is this an engine supplier or a hydroponics supplier I wonder ??
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Unless I'm going daft in my advancing years.... and it's quite possible!! The engine number/originality of the engine to the car is not going to impact on your registration at all. If so then all us guys building yank engined Jag based cars are in a heap of trouble . Don't recall a small block Chevy ever being standard equipment in an XJ40? Lol! You only need a certain number of parts from the original car, suspension drive train etc.

Tester will need to see the engine number to record it and will also need proof of the engine manufacture date to know what emissions level to test it to but that's all.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Sorry for the late reply Lloyd, it's been a busy week!

there is much conflicting advice on other foums regarding age related plates:

mevsonic7.co.uk

"Second is the 'age related' route where normally you can show everything is new apart from the single Donor
    cars items i.e. if you have owned the donor car used, and can present a V5
    typical showing that the engine used in the kit is from your donor and that
    everything other than what has come from your donor was purchased new, then you,
    at the DVLA's discretion, can be awarded an age related plate reflecting the age
    of the donor. This can then allow a private plate to be fitted.
    "

Then on the robin hood forum Iva And Number Plates - Kit car related - RHOCAR Community

"You need all the donor parts to have either come from the same donor or be replaced with new parts. Any mix and match of parts where some have come from a different vehicle will push you towards Q territory. That said..... some parts bear "points" under the older system and it's mainly those that they will be looking for... Like I said it's quite possible to use an engine that's not standard for your donor as long as it was fitted to the donor before you took it apart. You will need to prove this though...They used to simply accept the fact that the engine number was on the Sierra's documents but people had got wise to the fact that changing the engine details on a V5 does not require an inspection so they simply sent off the donor V5 with the new capacity and engine number and then registered the kit as a single donor vehicle. In reality the non standard engine might never have been within 10 feet of the donor car. This is what they are clamping down on."

So I'm not really sure what will please the IVA inspectors but I imagine things with numbers stamped on. Also I wouldn't be using the standard Granada automatic gearbox so it would seem a good thing to have the correct engine. However I'm very interested particularly if anyone has done an IVA recently because what you say makes perfect sense: surely most cob replicas don't have the donor engine!

Unfortunately due to the "Biggest drugs seizure Horsham district has ever seen" Biggest drugs seizure Horsham district has ever seen - County News - West Sussex Gazette all of this for me is going on hold until I can find out when if ever work will be going on at the factory. Others on this forum I've seen are put in a worse position by this news but it is disappointing.

I have just been to the DVLA to get achassis number for mine,
    I had to fill in the V624/1 and V55/5 forms
    I got my VIN / chassis no. and eventually after a discussion got awarded an age related plate.
    Age related plate just needs two or more original groups of parts from the donor.
    ie suspension arms etc, both axles, steering system, engine or body.
    Mine has donor (1984) suspension, axles and steering system from the donor (job done).
    My engine is reconditioned the body is new.
    Just need to go back with my MAC certificate when done and hopefully I can put my 66 plate on (on retention).
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    I have just been to the DVLA to get achassis number for mine,
    I had to fill in the V624/1 and V55/5 forms
    I got my VIN / chassis no. and eventually after a discussion got awarded an age related plate.
    Age related plate just needs two or more original groups of parts from the donor.
    ie suspension arms etc, both axles, steering system, engine or body.
    Mine has donor (1984) suspension, axles and steering system from the donor (job done).
    My engine is reconditioned the body is new.
    Just need to go back with my MAC certificate when done and hopefully I can put my 66 plate on (on retention).

Kev, I'm confused (which isn't difficult, I have to admit), but I didn't think you got any plate of any age until registration ? And you aren't ready for that are you ? Would love to know how the discussion went the donor vehicle and the parts on your car.

Regards,

Brian,

Hi Colin,
    I didn't actually get a plate just an agreement that I would be allocated an age related one when the time comes.
    I believe I will be able to put my retained plate (1966) on instead straight from registration, although the DVLA system will show a 1984 donor somewhere no doubt.
    along date of first registration of 2013, confusing isn't it.
    As I said I had to have polite words with the DVLA chap as he didn't know his own rules until he checked.
    He originally allocated a "Q" plate.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast