Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I see, cheers Tommy, have to say mine isnt exactly in the most convenient place, but at least some scrote couldent get a slide hammer to it! LOL

Guys, I retained the steering lock on my AK because firstly, I think they are a good idea and secondly, it meant I did not need to fit an immobiliser for the IVA. I had to make a minor cut out in the dashboard to make it easier to insert the ignition key. I have a start button on the dash. Starting procedure is just a matter of turning the key to the last position before pushing the start button, and away you go. An added bonus is that the start process is likely to slow down any tow rag trying to steal the car. John K
    ​AK 427 with Chevy 350 SBC by CP&P - Registered January 2013

I did consider this as an option also, but I didn't want to cut the dash on the one side.

one of my pet hates with a cobra reps is poor fitting of the steering column cowling, it really winds me up for some reason. Not trying to insinuate that yours is John, but for me I was happy with the dash key and temporary immobiser until a practical solution can be found.

im still looking!!! Lol
    It's alive!!!! Whahaha haha. I'v created a monster!http://tommysak427.blogspot.com..……Because I'm classed as young I am inferior, I must respect my elders, especially the ones with a full garage!!!

Plenty of room on my Ak to use the ignition switch in it's normal position!! Maybe you're all not trying hard enough??
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post
    How does this look Mike

This is what confronted me once the steering wheel was removed. I had a pin that I was able to push across to the right (just above the pencil tip) ad then remove the locking shaft itself, thus no risk of it suddenly engaging.

And yes access to the standard steering lock is next to impossible as it is in line with the bottom edge of the dash so impossible to get the key in.... Or at least that's what it was like for me.
    Hi,
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but Tommy, how did you get the goldish looking bit out, brute force? Even with the pin slid across, mine doesnt want to come out.
    Just asking before i wrench it out....
    Regards
    Gav
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

Mine just pulled forwards mate once the roll pin was slid across.

I can't remember if the key was in the ignition or not when I did it because naturally this makes a difference to the position of the locking mechanism. I can't remember it being a struggle mind. It was the ease of removing it and practicality of putting it back in situe at a later date if I wanted to that I was pleased with.

HI,
    I think there is a problem with my lock, never noticed it before as always had the key in.
    It wont even turn to ign etc even with moving the wheel in place, so maybe this is the difference.
    Will have to grind/cut off the golden pin at weekend. Even snapped key in half trying to waddle it by force in lock at the same time turning steering wheel........
    I knew there was something wrong with this bloody column, no cowls, pins missing etc etc...
    Regards
    GAv
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

Grinding the locking pin back will be fine Gav.

So long as it doesn't engage when your driving that's when it could be come interesting. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12