Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was aiming to go there with a big wad of cash, but just wanted to know if anyone was going to be there as its a 3 hour round trip.

i wouldent bother, or at least till the dust settles!

I'm sure Den will have enough orders already in the pipeline that he is working on and cannot realistically be expected to take more work at the moment. I realise that Pilgrim are a company and should have a good customer appreciation and service but these are not normal times for Pilgrim. I think it may be prudent to let the dust settle and allow Den time to try to sort things out and complete any orders he already has in the system.

Pilgrim have been there for a long time and I think they deserve a bit of leeway to try and sort themselves out and try to get the company back to running at full capacity if at all possible.
    Cobra-less for the next few years, but I will be back

.........thought I was trying to help Pilgrim by spending money with them.........

Quote Originally Posted by PhilG66 View Post
    .........thought I was trying to help Pilgrim by spending money with them.........
    I agree with your thinking, however if it is something that you have to pay and then wait for then this may not be the best time to do it. Cash flow is essential for a business but they still have to be able to produce the products to fulfil the order. As far as I am aware there are other people still waiting for items from pilgrim that have already been ordered and you may just join the queue. If I am wrong with this then I apologise whole heartedly as I do not want to do Pilgrim a dis-service, merely want to give them the chance catch up and to get back up and running to full strength as soon as possible.
    Cobra-less for the next few years, but I will be back

Also:-
    If things don't go well with the current situation then there might be a lack of management/staff for a number of years while they reside at Her Majesty's pleasure!!
    Last edited by dave; 23-03-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: miss read Neil's post
    Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

Alright lads,
    Let me tell you where things are:-
    I was arrested on 29th January and released same day: bailed to return on 25th April, pending further enquiries.
    On 20th Feb I was served with a Restraint Order preventing me taking "wads of cash" from anybody. I spent a couple of weeks with solicitors in an attempt to enable trade to resume. In the end I did my own DIY Application which I issued on 6th March; was heard on Friday 8th March; and which succeeded. That night I posted on this forum that Pilgrim was open for business (and it is).
    However, the electricity was cut off (normal procedure) and it has been a devil's job getting re-connected. I've paid a £440 re-connection free and a £5,000 deposit but I'm still waiting for a date on which the sparks will start flying again. So, the 'phone rings from the customer's end, but not mine (because the 'phone is powered by electricity of course).
    On Saturday 22nd March the first Pilgrim kit in a long time was despatched. A Mr Dave Clarke collected a complete body kit in navy blue gel. I've one more body kit leaving the factory next weekend and a 356 complete kit soon after that (all from stock).
    Actual production shall re-commence as soon as there is power at the factory. So too shall telephone conversations.
    Hope that gives all enough information to be going on with.
    Den Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by neil50 View Post
    .....if it is something that you have to pay and then wait for then this may not be the best time to do it...... If I am wrong with this then I apologise whole heartedly as I do not want to do Pilgrim a dis-service.
    Hi Neil,
    I haven't taken a penny from anybody 'up-front'.
    If I don't trust somebody I won't take their order.... If they don't trust me I'd rather they didn't give me their order.
    Life is simpler, more enjoyable, that way!
    Den Tanner

999 posts Den! Smiling to myself.
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Thanks for the update Den, much appreciated. Can't wait to spend some money with you!

Cheers,
    Phil

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast