Sierra ignition barrel wiring

Hi Guys

Im after the disc shaped plastic cap and wiring that goes onto the end of the ignition barrel (mk 2 sierra column).

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

James
    My Dax Build Blog - http://mycobra.blogspot.co.uk

Hi James,
    I've just wired one up as a temporary to get my engine running i'm not sure which part you require,the black plastic part of the switch that you can turn on and off with a screwdriver is all part of the aluminium housing off the ignition switch and this comes with wiring and a multi plug already fitted.Can you post a picture?

Regards
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Hi Mark

Sorry yes I mean the whole assembly with the wiring. Looking at pics it is then held onto the bottom of the barrel with two small grub screw types thingys.

Im bidding on one on eBay at the mo but wanted to hedge my bets in case I don't get it.....or it's the wrong part!

NEW GENUINE FORD SIERRA/RS/COSWORTH/4x4/XR4i/IGNITION/SWITCH | eBay

James,

I have used Rob Smith at Sierra Shack (they trade on ebay) to source Sierra parts. He has always been very helpful, may be worth getting in touch (email – Rob at sierrashack@hotmail.co.uk). Good luck with the search.

Best regards,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Sierra Ignition Switch

James i've just taken a couple of quick pictures for you hope it helps,they should be attached showing two types of switch both doing exactly the same as you can see the wiring is identical from the back of the switch.I worked for Fords late 80's early 90's and they changed the switch to all plastic for the later cars(i guess cheaper)as you can see the other has an aluminium outer with plastic internals.The auction site is still the place but they are getting a bit keen on price,i got a result by looking for sierra sapphire being broken as they have no rear wash wipe or P100 86/7 >.

Regards
    Mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    James i've just taken a couple of quick pictures for you hope it helps,they should be attached showing two types of switch both doing exactly the same as you can see the wiring is identical from the back of the switch.I worked for Fords late 80's early 90's and they changed the switch to all plastic for the later cars(i guess cheaper)as you can see the other has an aluminium outer with plastic internals.The auction site is still the place but they are getting a bit keen on price,i got a result by looking for sierra sapphire being broken as they have no rear wash wipe or P100 86/7 >.

Regards
    Mark.
    Nice one thanks Mark. It looks like the one I'm bidding on is the correct type all be it with a slightly different connector. As the wiring looks the same ill try and buy this one I think.

Ive also sent an email to Rob at Sierra Shack - thanks for the link Ian.

Thanks again for your help

Cheers

J.