Dax soft top adjusters

I'm about to fit the roof and sidescreens but after ordering the ferels etc from Dax the hood adjusters don't fit the hood frame.I already had the frame which may not have come from Dax.Has anyone fitted these adjusters,I thought I might cut off the studs in the frame and then tap the frame and screw the adusters in or weld a nut on the end of the frame.Anyone else had the same problem.Cheers. John.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax 427. Huddart Chevy 400.

you are right that's not a dax hood frame you need to tap it 7/16 UNF

Cheers Gary,thanks for that. John.

Not seen adjusters like that before.

The way I did it though was to cut the frame above the dowel that goes into the ferrule on the body. I then got some lengths of M8 studding. Two nuts on that. I then did the same with the rear bows, near to the joint with the front frame.

This allowed me to fit the hood and then adjust the frame with the various bits of studding and nuts to get the fit exactly as I wanted it - which takes some time but I think is worth it (in the end I had to extend the width of the front bow too). When it is all set I made up some inserts the to keep the frame the same size (i.e. the same size as the distance between the nuts) and welded them in. You get a very neat and tight fitting hood that way. If I hadn't done it like that I would have had to adjust the position of the 'lift the dot' fasteners on the body which would have meant that they weren't in a symetrical pattern on the body.

Just side screens now!
    www.sounds-legal.com - some have said we\'re mad!!!

Cheers Jonny,I'll remove the studs and tap the ends out first to fit the adjusters and alter the bow if I need to.Thanks for the info. John.