Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcarman View Post
    No it's far worse than that!
    And I believe one of you guys is responsibe (or do I mean irresponsible?)
    Well I'm too fussy, so it aint me!! LOL
    David

SR full rebuild, now on the road, needs paint/trim to finish
    TWM EFI 388ci 532hp/498tq
    Power steering fitted.

IVA approved engine builder.

Hi Den,

On an esthetics design viewpoint of the website, the format of the images - e.g. TonyDs great Sumo photo - it's saved as a GIF file format. This format reduces the number of colors in an image to 256 which tends to cause color banding meaning the photos/images etc lose clarity and 'pop' of the original.

If you have the choice, save/convert the photo to a JPG or a PNG format file to keep the color range in the photos and they will look correct.

Keep up the good work

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by kitcarman View Post
    Just uploaded a couple of pictures of the new BMW based chassis.
    Just had a look at the BMW based chassis pictures... good stuff! Like the idea of using as much of the original BMW sub-frames / suspension parts, cuts out a lot of the previously mentioned problems of the MK3...

No doubt you'll soon crack the design! The front struts of the original donor, they seem fairly high (I suppose to accommodate the donor parts) does the body fit on there from the standard shell or will that need tweaking?
    Last edited by karl_tanner; 20-04-13 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Thought of something else...
    I'm just making this up as I go along!

http://cobrakarl.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by karl_tanner View Post
    Just had a look at the BMW based chassis pictures... good stuff! Like the idea of using as much of the original BMW sub-frames / suspension parts, cuts out a lot of the previously mentioned problems of the MK3...

No doubt you'll soon crack the design! The front struts of the original donor, they seem fairly high (I suppose to accommodate the donor parts) does the body fit on there from the standard shell or will that need tweaking?
    The standard BMW struts almost fitted. The ones shown have been modified in two respects. The bottom attachment brackets have been moved up the strut (to effectively shorten the strut by about 20mm) and the bulky spring has been replaced (so as to effectively make it shorter at the top by about 30mm). The result is that what you see. The standard Sumo Mk3 body shell fits snugly over the top with enough clearance to be able to get an allen key into the top of the strut for maintenance purposes

This type of strut represents the way all modern cars are going!
    Den Tanner

Hi Den,

I am new on this site and I am currently looking at Cobra kits and trying to decide which way to go (you should have an email from me with a couple of questions! )

Firstly, on the website front, it is great to see you are getting it updated, but I would say that it may be worth making it more obvious that you are currently updating it, as it was not massively obvious until I read this thread.

Regarding the overall image, I agree that it is not the most modern looking site, but it is a work in progress right?! And kudos to you for undertaking an IT project when I assume you are learning "on the job"! It is the content that is important so concentrate on that first.

On the subject of the goings on and whether you should mention them on your site, all I can do is give you my personal reaction to this and as a potential customer I hope they will be of some use.

Obviously whatever has happened has had a profound effect on you. To be honest, I read your site before reading this thread and only skimmed over your page, so missed the references to the difficulties. After reading your site I was excitedly investigating BMW E36's!
    I could see that you could spend a lot building a Cobra, but the Sumo looked like a fantastic value kit and a good place to start .

However, I then read articles elsewhere that Sumo was not viewed very favourably as a Cobra replica if you wanted a good quality end product and Pilgrim was not the best company. Having now gone back and reread your site properly and also other threads you have put on here, I can see that the information I was reading about Pilgrim was clearly based on the "old"company (as in post '92). Reading about your history with it and how you have taken it back, in my opinion, gives me every confidence that if I ordered a kit from you then I would get good service. You are clearly a very determined man and I am sure you will get it back to where you left it before. So having that small amount of info there and understanding it in the wider context of the going's on is quite important to understand that you are out to restore the Pilgrim brand.

I think the plan to update to a BMW donor is great. I'm sure there are people who will have a different opinion, but at the end of the day you need a good quality, reliable donor that is in plentiful supply.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post. Keep up the good work and if you are at Stoneleigh I will hopefully get a chance to speak to you there

All the best
    Mark
    Last edited by markharnett; 28-04-13 at 12:12 AM. Reason: missed a sentence

Hi Mike

I think you have summed up all the goings on at pilgrim very well and consice.

I am very happy with mine
    Sumo, modified

Hi Mike (and everybody else),
    Just to let you know that I shall join in your debate on this and other threads as soon as I've cleared a couple of overdue jobs.
    The May issue of Kit Car is behind schedule and I've got to work on that rather than play - sorry!
    Den Tanner

Like Steve_H said above I too am a very happy Sumo 3 owner.

Den I am sure you already have lots of photos of my car but if not let me know and I will email them over to you with some words on how a 6' 6" driver fits into a Cobra replica....

Dave.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789