Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I dont know how many of us are in the epsom/croydon/dartford area, but maybe we should move a bit further south?

I am shirley, croydon I know keith lean is croydon,roy p is caterham, dave n south london Mr purple, ken f,coffindoger,plod wall aroudn brighton/lewis

steveym east grinstead clarkson and brian v8bjc around crawley

so maybe east grinstead/edenbridge may be the answer?
    Sumo, modified

I'm Banstead so very close to u in Shirley. Maybe alternate it between places least it's close for everyone at some stage. Although that would be a nice run on a nice day meet tea hut Epsom downs then run down to Brighton for fish& chips on the front ,

Quote Originally Posted by steve_h View Post
    I dont know how many of us are in the epsom/croydon/dartford area, but maybe we should move a bit further south?

I am shirley, croydon I know keith lean is croydon,roy p is caterham, dave n south london Mr purple, ken f,coffindoger,plod wall aroudn brighton/lewis

steveym east grinstead clarkson and brian v8bjc around crawley

so maybe east grinstead/edenbridge may be the answer?
    i dont mind where cobras meet it will be great to see a number parked alongside each other , however the drivers must reach out to new owners and onlookers (owners of the future )
    i have for one have had 3 cobras over 8 years and attended the gresshopper and deltling every year and still feel an outsider ,
    i think my point is made in the above quote

Hi guys,
    How about this...

The River View Cafe - Location has his monthly classic car meet on Sunday 12th May. We could meet up there around 11:00, catch the first hour or so of the meet and then head off for a run down to the coast and a trip along the coast road maybe between Newhaven/Seaford & Brighton?

Also assuming we actually get some good weather this year another good run (for the months when the meets coincide) is to head down to Goodwood in the morning for the Hants & Surrey regular meet and then back to our one in the afternoon. It is a great run down there over the hills past Amberley/Storrington.
    Last edited by steveym; 16-04-13 at 02:48 PM.
    Steve

Mk. 4 GD / SBC383 Performer RPM / TKO600 / Big grin...

Talking of SE meets, it's that time of the month again (ooer missus!). Tomorrow, Wednesday 17th, is the 3rd Wednesday of the month and time for our regular and well attended monthly meet at the Newmarket Carvery on the A27, between Lewes and Falmer about 6pm ish to 6:30 ish. Good food for under £6 . Weather should be OK, a bit cool in the evening but worth it as we often take-in a couple or three blats through the Cuilfail tunnel on the way home (if you're heading East that is).

I'll be going. Any other takers? Not far from Uckfield, Crawley, Croydon, Tunbridge Wells. If you fancy a ride out, chat, food and/or drink (or all three/four) pop along. Everyone welcome, from even further afield as well. It'll be better than Detling

Ken

Hi Ken,
    Work is a bit of a nightmare at the moment but I'll try to give it a go - it's been a while since I came home on the back of an AA truck so what the hell
    Steve

Hi,
    Not wishing to go over old ground or rake up any arguments but one of the reasons why the midweek meet was organized was that there were quite a few guys from the mid Kent area who for various reasons found that the time and place for a meet at the grasshopper was not practical. It was probably ok for those who lived reasonably close to the M23 corridor but not for those who lived more towards the M2 and M20. From here its a good hour and a half run each way depending on traffic etc. The midweek meet was arranged so that it was just off Junction 7 of the M20 which at that moment in time made it relatively easy for most to get to from North, East , mid and south Kent. Admittedly it was harder for the likes of the Crawely, East Grinstead and Brighton area guys but at the time there were more people based in Mid Kent. I guess it comes down to the same problem as before that the SE Region covers quite a large area and it will come down to where the majority live I suppose as to where meets are likely to be held.
    Gareth

Seriously modified Sumo with a Ford 363. SOLD. Now building a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler.

Hi Gareth,
    As you say it is actually a pretty wide region and unfortunately the Grasshopper is towards the edge which does make it a long trip for those of you farther to the east of the area. Of course there is no problem to try to resurrect a mid-week meet during the summer in that area, or even given enough interest an occasional alternate venue for the monthly meets somewhere nearer to the centre of the region?

Maybe during the good weather months we can also arrange a run down towards Rye or Hastings?
    Steve

Hi Steve,

Balls in your court mate...
    Maybe interest needs to be gauged and a general consensus as to who would be interested in what and when. I can no longer generally do Sundays as I run a football team among other things and our season runs from September till April so apart from the odd week that pretty much takes up Sundays throughout that time.
    Gareth

Seriously modified Sumo with a Ford 363. SOLD. Now building a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler.

Just a tip......although we have a most excellent leader down here (Chris Cluett) we all try to organise a meet each month in turn. It means that the meets tend to vary a fair bit in their geography as we also have a large area.
    It tends to take the pressure off one person too.

Having said all that, since Chris retired (sort of) he seems to be doing more of the organising than he used to.
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast