Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

dax on ebay be Very QUICK TO HAVE A LOOK!! end in 1/2 hr !!

£4100 someone just got a good buy I reckon.
    Anyone on here?
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

even if that was the old chassis that was stupidly cheep

Hi Guys I thought I better get myself on to a good forum site if I am going to be completing this recent bargain purchase, been dreaming about owning a Cobra since I was kneehigh to a grasshopper and my possition of husband and stepfather was terminated just recently leaving me suprisingly better off, at the same time this Dax came up just 10 miles down the road from me and I thought it would be rude not to, I am picking it up when the seller gets back from holls end of May and should be able to have a real good look at how much there is to do on it but will be looking for lots of help and advice, it was started in 97 then sat in a barn for 8 years so pretty much strip and start again I guess anyway talk again soon Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve. You'll get plenty of advice here.

Sounds like a bargain, but complete strip and rebuild makes a lot of sense. Plenty of reasons why kits are abandoned, but someone out of their depth mechanically is definitely one.

A cobra will soon resolve your feelings of being financially better off!
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Barnes View Post
    Welcome to the forum Steve. You'll get plenty of advice here.

Sounds like a bargain, but complete strip and rebuild makes a lot of sense. Plenty of reasons why kits are abandoned, but someone out of their depth mechanically is definitely one.

A cobra will soon resolve your feelings of being financially better off!
    Spoke to Dax on Friday and recieved a build manual and shed loads of blurb Saturday from Vanessa, which is brilliant service but now I want to put a Dedion chassis on this body and sell the existing roling chassis and running gear on, Oh no I am doing it again and its going to be spensive I can feel it

Steve, IF, the build has been done correctly and the body is fitted, (and not just sat on the chassis awaiting fitting) then it will have been bonded to the chassis and will be extremely hard to remove without damaging it.

The DeDion chassis is a fine thoughtful piece of engineering but the standard chassis is also more than enough for anything you are likely to throw at it.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Steve, from what I've read the standard chassis is more than suitable for road use. I would have a good look at what you already have first before deciding whether to sell and start again. You may have a little gem
    Cobra-less for the next few years, but I will be back

Hi Steve and welcome aboard.
    As the others have said already, there's now't wrong with the original Dax chassis when properly set up.
    If it hasn't already got it you can add the back bone brace to stiffen it.
    Also not sure if that will have the steering position correct for best bump steer avoidance?
    I'm sure Gary can advise there.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Barnes View Post
    Steve, IF, the build has been done correctly and the body is fitted, (and not just sat on the chassis awaiting fitting) then it will have been bonded to the chassis and will be extremely hard to remove without damaging it.

The DeDion chassis is a fine thoughtful piece of engineering but the standard chassis is also more than enough for anything you are likely to throw at it.

The body is completely untouched by human hands (if you dont count the dax boys) and just sitting on the chassis for storage, the doors bonnet boot etc are taped on and the chassis has engine box suspension axle brakes but no wiring or pipes

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast