Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Smooth comes in 440ml cans last time I looked , hic! 440 x 7 off= 3.08 litre x 1.78=5.48 pints

Can't see how you would still be over the limit later on the next day; toxicology cant be that precise surely????
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

Quote Originally Posted by dingocooke View Post
    Smooth comes in 440ml cans last time I looked , hic! 440 x 7 off= 3.08 litre x 1.78=5.48 pints

Can't see how you would still be over the limit later on the next day; toxicology cant be that precise surely????
    That would be at least 13 units and they say as a rough guide it takes an hour a unit to go. But there are a lot of variables, and we don't know all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    That would be at least 13 units and they say as a rough guide it takes an hour a unit to go. But there are a lot of variables, and we don't know all the facts.
    Yes I agree not all info but I still dont see how can plod say he would be over the limit at x time if he wasnt tested at that time? Otherwise its just assumptive analysis, doesnt seem a fair way to convict somebody to me????
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

I worked on 330ml cans, so came out with roughly 4 pints.
    2 units per pint. 1 hour per unit "burning". Not all of the units have to be gone to be under the limit.

Just my take on it based on the details given.

Certainly not trying to justify drink driving, but I do have an issue with peopel getting tagged just over on the following morning.
    No I'm not talking about someone who has been completely bladdered at 3am and then gets done at 7am.
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

Quote Originally Posted by Neil O View Post
    I worked on 330ml cans, so came out with roughly 4 pints.
    2 units per pint. 1 hour per unit "burning". Not all of the units have to be gone to be under the limit.

Just my take on it based on the details given.

Certainly not trying to justify drink driving, but I do have an issue with peopel getting tagged just over on the following morning.
    No I'm not talking about someone who has been completely bladdered at 3am and then gets done at 7am.
    +1 on all of that
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

Here is a link to a blood/alcohol calculator which may be of some use.

BAC Calculator | Blood Alcohol Content Calculator | BAC Calculator

CONTEMPORARY CCX3-3741

FORD RACING DIVISION 515ci
    JERICO WC4 (Sold)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGUj87r9bY

Lot's to say on the subject but I can only really add at this time that their argument is based on what the machine tells them. So regardless of what you tell them the machine is right. Even though the two forensic opinions differed, theirs and my own (that I paid for). I can't add any further at this time as the matter isn't dead yet. But, not being public enemy number one I didn't know any better, didn't demand blood tests and just went with the flow. BUT, I was very confident I was in the clear, how wrong could I have been. It should tell them something that I fessed straight up to my whereabouts, I wasn't hiding, if I had been hammered the night before or boozing whilst 3 or 4 on the morning then it would have probably dawned, even on me, that it might be a good idea to be invisible for the rest of the day.
    AK SOLD, gutted!! Wonder if I can get my fat a** in an Ultima

Warren. The criminal standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt. If two experts differ significantly then they will struggle to get a conviction.

If as you say it isn't dead yet, please go and spend some money on a decent solicitor. If you get acquitted the Crown will pay anyway. I don't in anyway condone drink driving but from what you have said so far this is plainly wrong.
    www.sounds-legal.com - some have said we\'re mad!!!

I was in a RTA recently....I called the police myself at the time of the accident and one of the first things they did was breathalyze me and the other driver....I was completely negative (hadn't had a thing for weeks). Myself and the other driver were both going home from work in the afternoon and still in our full work clothes, so they didn't do it out of any form of suspicion on either part.

I presume you called the police? Why did they not breathalyze you? It's standard practice.

Seems a part of this story is missing
    Last edited by Adam001; 10-05-13 at 07:22 PM.
    1985 RAM Cobra
    3.9 RV8 plus other non-ram bits

Without wishing to hijack this can I remind anyone planning on driving through France that they need to carry 2 approved disposable breathalysers with them. Halfords sell them. The French standard is not the same as the UK one so a digital breathalyser won't cut it with le plod.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast