Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Licence gone-Cobra to follow suit

Nothing could be more mundane and annoyingly avoidable.
    After a morning accident with no injury and witnesses to sayI wasn’t at fault I went to the pub with my lad. 3 hours later the nice men in blue phoned tosay they wanted a word in conjunction with an accident to I told them where Iwas.
    Prompt arrest followed and culmination was a ban today, deepjoy. Big mistake was co-operating andowning up to 7 cans of smooth the night before. Should you find yourself arrested for anything my best advise would betell them nothing, solicitor first. Forensic work back finds me over the limit and I haven’t got a footballerssalary to fight it with even though advised to fight it by the solicitor!
    There is a small glint in the tunnel which leaves theconviction unsafe but in the meantime I’ll start working on the advert. Might as well do another if I do end upkicking my heels!!! So, advert will appear on piston heads when I get round to it and I'll bung a link in classifieds.

Mate, that's a real pile of SH!T
    Bad luck Warren.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Bloody hell mate....what a shitter
    “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous” - Chanakya

Damn Warren, thats a bummer!, normally if there are no injuries the police dont get involved, I would gather as many witnesses as possible, and fight it if you can, seek advice from a good solicitor (if they exist) it will cost you nothing for the first half hour
    Last edited by cobracol; 25-04-13 at 09:48 PM.

Pretty sure if the events were exactly as you say they have as good as no evidence on getting you for drink driving, though they could go for something else like undue care etc , but that wouldnt be anywhere near as bad as a DD prosecution and if they try to use what they have if they only have a presumption calculation that would/should be deemed unreliable by a judge, the only way they could possibly do anything is if you actually owned up to it in a statement, otherwise you need to contest it then hopefully the CPS will at least drop the DD case, good luck
    Dax 427 kit collected end april 2012, IVA pass first time 6th May 2014.

Sorry to hear that, Fight it if you can, are you covered for legal expenses through your insurance (don't know if you could use it or not)
    Cobra-less for the next few years, but I will be back

That's terrible, how can they do that if you have had time to have a drink after, and not been driving when tested!?
    Fight that tooth and nail if you can as I'm sure you know what the implications are if you don't.

Very best of luck!!!

Bastards ! Fight it if you possibly can, alcohol absorption rates vary wildly from one guy to the next and depending on what you've eaten etc, surely there's no way they can calculate that back 12 hours later with enough certainty for it to hold up..... Don't get me wrong, I don't condone drinking and driving, but this night before crap is a whole different game unless you were steaming in to the small hours and still pissed in the morning. Chancers looking to hit their end of month target probably.
    Now Cobraless

Bummer mate. is it the third party that wants to bring private prosecution , and its them that are pressing the police to prosecute. ? regards Dave B.
    never driven in anger only driven with passion.Remember your never to old to be what you might have been.?

Warren,
    Please please go see a solicitor who understands traffic law, it doesnt stack up what theyre doing.
    Re the cost of the solicitor, its a lot less than the hassle of a ban, the cost of taxis, and the bumped up insurance afterwards; time to fight mate.
    Fingers crossed for you there is a sensible end to what appears to be wildy unfair.
    Regards
    Steve
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast