Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: clough time

We went to the Clough for the first time in about three years due to various issues but that's another story. Didn't actually recognise anyone there but what a welcome. Thanks to everyone who came across and introduced themselves (everybody who'd turned up) and made me and the missus feel very welcome.

And what a stunning bunch of cars. Made me feel a bit of a scruffy urchin.

Thanks again chaps (and chappesses).
    See you soon

Hi Guys,
    Clough house photos as promised. John K

Attachment 26488Attachment 26489Attachment 26490
    ‚ÄčAK 427 with Chevy 350 SBC by CP&P - Registered January 2013

Quote Originally Posted by markr View Post
    We went to the Clough for the first time in about three years due to various issues but that's another story. Didn't actually recognise anyone there but what a welcome. Thanks to everyone who came across and introduced themselves (everybody who'd turned up) and made me and the missus feel very welcome.

And what a stunning bunch of cars. Made me feel a bit of a scruffy urchin.

Thanks again chaps (and chappesses).
    See you soon
    nice to meet you two also, good to see some ladies there , gives us chaps a chance to talk cars, and the girls someone to chat to.hope you had a good run back and not too cold over the pennines.regards Dave B @Janice
    never driven in anger only driven with passion.Remember your never to old to be what you might have been.?

Great run back thanks. Went back over the moors instead of the M62 so there was no noise from the passenger side (motorway speeds and long curly hair apparently don't go together well).

And was I photoshopped out of the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by markr View Post
    We went to the Clough for the first time in about three years
    Hi Mark, tried to mail you back but couldn't get through - your mailbox full ?

Was on family duty Sunday sorry so I missed the meet.

Looks like a good turn out, but I still say the venue isn't befitting of Cobras:

I much preferred the pub next to the Premier Inn (Corn Mill ?)

Jon
    Oh crap...the wife has realised there is no such thing as a 5 minute job !

Hiya Jon
    Not got a clue what's going on with the mailbox. Only just managed to get back on here and actually have permission to post anything. Do I need a note from my mum?

Most of the guys there were from the wrong side of the Pennines so it's possibly a bit more local (Lincolnshire???) for them. Or does tradition dictate?

I agree there's a lot nicer pubs over that way ( my girlfriend's from Leeds so I've seen a few Yorkie pubs over the last year or so), but the company was good and I only went inside the pub for a wee and a couple of drinks so perhaps the venue isn't quite so important. Apparently the local hot rodders meet up in a Burger King car park.
    Decided to come back across the moors and it was a great drive back. Sunshine and a stop in Uppermill for a coffee and a pose. Possibly would have been a bit more of an adventure if the weather hadn't been so good but if I'd wanted to stay warm I would have a caravan. And slippers.

Last year I put 3 miles on the Cobra due to assorted crises and the weather so this year I'm going to do my bit for global warming and waste as much petrol in it as possible so give us a shout, the pm might be working now as the rest seems to be. I've been looking for the A6 run but TVVVVVVVVVCCCCCCCC (or whatever they're called) seems to be nowhere to be found and the rumpus over the Science and Industry Museum might mean that it's off this year. Still, there might be Tatton Park and there's a few shows around Saddleworth if I can find them.

See ya around soon

Quote Originally Posted by jonny m View Post

Looks like a good turn out, but I still say the venue isn't befitting of Cobras:

I much preferred the pub next to the Premier Inn (Corn Mill ?)

Jon
    From what I recall we aren't welcome there any more. I think that Karen reserved a restaurant table for the cobra group (thanks K), and the pub put a reserved sign on it. We were all standing about wondering about a table (there was only the one with reserved sign available). When we asked if we could use it we were told "Yes those people haven't turned up"..... But, that was the table reserved for us all along. The staff didn't tell us that it was ours and so it stood empty (not earning dosh for the pub) for about 2 or 3 hours. If they had told us, or put a 'cobra club' sign on (or perhaps we should have done that), things would have been different.

Anyway I hear there was a bit of a 'lip out moment' with the pub..... they seem very easily upset.

A few of us called in many months later and my chum asked to see the manager (to go over this cock up) but he wouldn't speak to us.

Their loss.

I only went to the Clough twice - I too would like a better pub / car park to meet. I thought the Clough was too full of builder's vans and trailers (belonging to the houses over the road apparently) and the view of the pylons and the motorway wasn't brilliant. Grub was a bit dear too. Sorry about that.

Nuf Said

Right gents, The venue of the 'Clough', does seem to divide opinion with quite a few of you. I hope I am not stepping out of line and I am going to take this opportunity to ask ALL 'northern' cobra chaps.
    Would you prefer the venue to be changed ?
    If so, have you any venue in mind ?

Cheers John
    You never forget your first time !!!
    - the day you saw your first Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by slaphead View Post
    Right gents, The venue of the 'Clough', does seem to divide opinion with quite a few of you. I hope I am not stepping out of line and I am going to take this opportunity to ask ALL 'northern' cobra chaps.
    Would you prefer the venue to be changed ?
    If so, have you any venue in mind ?

Cheers John
    Ok i will stick my head above the wall, i am not keen on the venue, as said full of builders skips ect . plus there must be nicer places to get food, found it mediocre whenever i have eaten there,depends how far people want to travel its about 85 miles for me and all motorway. but i am open to all and any suggestions .regards Dave B
    never driven in anger only driven with passion.Remember your never to old to be what you might have been.?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast