Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: clough time

Quote Originally Posted by markr View Post
    And was I photoshopped out of the pics?
    I didnt take the pics but i think they were taken before you got there, regards Dave B
    never driven in anger only driven with passion.Remember your never to old to be what you might have been.?

John, I remember going for a Xmas meal once with the Northern members which evidently was where you all used to meet prior to the Corn Mill. Can't remember what it was called, nice big car park with fantastic views, does this ring a bell with anyone. Seemed a good place to me !
    GD MKIV (yes... in black ! ) the big box of bits has gone and been replaced by a great big grin
    www.ryan427.blogspot.com

Sorry Mark, I did take the photos before you arrived!

I agree with the comments regarding the standard of the venue. Being relatively new to the scene, I had assumed that the venue was chosen because of it's proximity to the M62. We have got several good alternatives available within a similar radius to the Corn Mill, if people would like to change, though bear in mind that good pubs tend to be busy on Sunday lunchtimes. I can probably come up with a suggestion or two in time for next month's meet.

John K
    ​AK 427 with Chevy 350 SBC by CP&P - Registered January 2013

sounds like it was a good turnout

On the Clough venue - i'd be up for a change too, ditto the skips and builders vans etc, and the M62 drive is as boring as buggery lol

No idea of were to go though

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

have to say, that the main reason I tend not to go anymore is the venue, plus for us on the right side of saddleworth (Manchester) it's a pretty boring dull run on the 62, I would much prefer a country side location, what is the pub you can see from the 62 overlooking the lake, is it the turnpike inn or something like that?
    DAX DE DION - CHEVY 383 TWEEKED BY JOHN SLEATH 506 BHP - TREMEC BOX

have to say, that the main reason I tend not to go anymore is the venue, plus for us on the right side of saddleworth (Manchester) it's a pretty boring dull run on the 62, I would much prefer a country side location, what is the pub you can see from the 62 overlooking the lake, is it the turnpike inn or something like that?
    Not sure I am allowed to comment based on my annual visit....but the you are correct about it being the Turnpike. Only issue i can see is it's a very busy place at the weekends and the car park gets very busy. It’s more of a restaurant than a pub, so they may expect everyone to eat if they were attending, but on the plus side the food is good.
    Austin
    AK - 400ci SBC

The venue is predominantly why I rarely visit, its a dull M62 drive, and the car park is hit and miss for spaces - normally wedged next to a bottle bank and a tin top.

Due to kid commitments I know I'm not always able to attend, so feel I may be over stepping the mark here, but if people want to revert back to the Corn Mill, or any other venue, then IF people support this change;

I am happy to make contact with a landlord

Personally I liked the Corn Mill, we tended to get there early enough to take over the top car park entirely.

Jon
    Oh crap...the wife has realised there is no such thing as a 5 minute job !

I just looked at the Turnpike Inn (Oldham Road Ripponden) on Google Streetview. Er, it looks derelict. Perhaps it has smartened up a bit since the photos were taken......

Nuf Said

Hi Nuff, The Turnpike Inn is one I always fancied, I looked into holding the meet there myself before now, but the car park was always busy on a sunday, so I doubt they would want/need us, there is one father up Oldham rd though on the left, think its called the malt house, and seems to have a large enough car park, of course it is north of Manchester so getting people to turn up would be a problem BTW street view is usually a few years behind the times, and the Turnpike seems to be "thriving" : http://www.turnpikeinn.com/ http://www.malthouserishworth.co.uk/
    Last edited by cobracol; 12-06-13 at 12:04 PM.

This is on the contact page of the Turnpike Inn website:

There is a popular public footpath running right past which links to the infamous Pennine Way and the inspiring expanse of Rishworth Moor. We welcome walkers and ramblers who find us the perfect stopping off point for a coffee or a well deserved beer. Equally we are visited by classic car clubs that find our large car park and close proximity to the motorway of huge benefit when meeting friends from all over.

Nice web site as well.

I am willing to try this one out before anyone rushes into a decision

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast