Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Stunning looking. Love the lack of bumpers.

Well done chap.
    DAX with 4.6 RV8 re-built in 2014 using all new bits.

Gary, it's an absolutely awesome Cobra. You and Peter have done a brilliant job. I know it's going to be super quick, but I really really want to know how it handles. (Nice pictures too.)
    All the best mate.
    Henry
    'I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.' Kurt Vonnegut
    DAX DeDion Chevy 350ci

Hi Henry you will be one of the first to find out how it handles as soon as we get it thru the IVA test as long as you are still are going to take me for a spin in your yacht, we have readdressed all the problems you get with the dax de deon now and not only get the massive grip but also a much nicer ride on choppy back roads having new uprights with the correct KPI instead of compromising with the Jag upright makes all the difference
    camber compensation and anti roll. http://xcsdesigns.co.uk/

Hi Gary, I'm very much looking forward to being taken for a spin in your new Cobra I've been fantasising about that car being given a chance at the Top Gear track. I wonder what it can do?

Very interesting to hear you have made advances with the suspension. (What does KPI stand for?) Does Peter have further modifications planned for the existing de dion chassis? Something that can be retro-fitted? Or am I going to have to make you an offer for your Cobra so you can build the next one - maybe with 4WD and about 800hp?

Things are getting difficult again with Lynn's health, but I'm still making progress on the yacht and I'm hopeful of launching her within a week or two - I'll let you know. Looking forward to seeing you both.
    Henry
    'I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.' Kurt Vonnegut
    DAX DeDion Chevy 350ci

King pin inclination i believe .
    Dax 427 kit collected end april 2012, IVA pass first time 6th May 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by david hemmings View Post
    King pin inclination i believe .
    Aah. Thanks David.
    Henry
    DAX DeDion Chevy 350ci

Lovely car Gary..................how wide is your grin?? What mirrors did you use on the screen frame?
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Hi gary, on the subject of kpi and the new uprights is there now no inclination just some castor involved ?
    Dax 427 kit collected end april 2012, IVA pass first time 6th May 2014.

Hi David,
    No, we still have both KPI and caster. The advantage for us (and the XCS 427) in being able to make a bespoke billet aluminium upright is that we can get the scrub radius exactly where we'd like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Lovely car Gary..................how wide is your grin?? What mirrors did you use on the screen frame?
    Hi, The exterior mirrors are our own design and new for the XCS 427 but they seem to be stimulating quite a demand. In fact Simon at DAX needed a pair for a customer from the Stoneleigh show and we dropped some off to him today. I think he's going to add them to the DAX price list but it will probably take hime a couple of days to sort things out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast