Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi Chillidoggy (!)
    I'm doing a rebuild on a 1986 dax and I've thrown the spitfire heater away and gone for an inlet into each footwell / vent as you have. I put my butterfly valve above the footwell which means there is not much room for the flexi hose and Ive based it from the following website (halfway down....)
    the289register.com • View topic - BRA289 customized recreation

underneath the inlet valve (inside the footwell), I've used a computer heater (for water cooling) and a 120cm fan which it bolts onto. The photo shows the heater bolted onto the aluminium housing - which now has a flap on one side for the footwell and a hole in the other side for hose to the demister.
    The downside is that there is no regulating between the footwell and demister. I'm going to bend the flap to the footwell until the airflow is equal..
    Hope this helps..
    James

2013-06-01 16.05.11.jpg2013-06-01 17.15.45.jpg
    James G
    Purple Dax / Ford 260/4 speed toploader all in need of TLC and cash but the dreams are there. Dream on - car now blue and finished, 4 years later....

Bob
    AK GenII arrived 1st April
    Let the cursing begin.........

Email sent let me know you got it.

Just caught up with this thread.

Here is my effort for the Heater in the GD and mounts up high behind the Heater in the Passenger Footwell. The Left side is for the Footwell Heating and the Right side for Demisters.
    This version used easily obtainable 30:1 motors and M4 studding as Jack screws and worked quite well with simple switches to control.
    This has been modified to use Model Aircraft servos now. I have Circuit and PCB layouts for the Controllers.

Apart from using my little lathe to face off the Brass rods it's all made using hand tools. No wonder it took 9 years to get it on the road...

Shackpics June 2007 001.jpg

Denis

If you take something to bits often enough, eventually you'll have two of them......

GD427E039

Fantastic, it looks like a mortar battery!

Quote Originally Posted by oglyoodoo View Post
    Just caught up with this thread.

Here is my effort for the Heater in the GD and mounts up high behind the Heater in the Passenger Footwell. The Left side is for the Footwell Heating and the Right side for Demisters.
    This version used easily obtainable 30:1 motors and M4 studding as Jack screws and worked quite well with simple switches to control.
    This has been modified to use Model Aircraft servos now. I have Circuit and PCB layouts for the Controllers.

Apart from using my little lathe to face off the Brass rods it's all made using hand tools. No wonder it took 9 years to get it on the road...

Shackpics June 2007 001.jpg

Denis
    Very impressive no way am I posting a picture of my effort now. Only operational difference with mine is I can control the foot well’s individually. What sort of circuit have you done to control the servos ? got mine working more or less now but the servos can hum sometimes for a few seconds.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Martin

The controller uses three 555 timers. One to generate a short negative going trigger pulse every 20mS and this triggers two 555s one for each servo drive. These two drivers are the same and with a 10k potentiometer produce a pulse that varies between 0.7mS and 1.7mS, 50 times a second. If you want the circuit PM me your Email address as it's in an odd file format.

My servos also hum a bit. I think the problem is caused by a bit of friction not allowing the servo to get exactly to the right position. It might be worth disconnecting the butterflies and see if the servo on it's own is hum free . I don't think it's worth spending a lot of time on I'm sure you can't hear it above the engine.

Denis

PM sent Denis Cheers

Martin
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

I keep my servos in my planes lol!!

SAM_0144_zpsa8f805b8.jpg20120705_191101.jpg

Andy

Hi Martin and Dennis!

I’m currently trying to sort out some control system for my heater (demise/footwells). Is there any chance you could forward the details of your servo solutions to me together with some pics?? Cheers!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast