Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Some works of art posted here, but i dont really understand why.
    if you need a heater then turn it on, via a simple toggle switch
    if you dont, turn it off - the blower that is.

Your feet will get hot from the headers, so perhaps cool air vented into the footwell maybe useful in the summer. But why make things so complicated?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Anyone fitted Brasscraft's heated windscreen?

Just wondering if one of those would negate the need for a demist setting plus you could send all the heat to the footwells for those autumn/winter drives?

Cheers
    Geoff

Hi Guys, I have found the best way of managing the temp in the footwells is to insulate the area and reverse flow the heater blower. Sucks in hot air in the winter and removes it in the summer..Cheers Clive

- both excellent ideas. I wanted the heated windscreen, but Chris wasn't offering it when I was buying....wish I had..
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Quote Originally Posted by glip View Post
    Anyone fitted Brasscraft's heated windscreen?

Just wondering if one of those would negate the need for a demist setting plus you could send all the heat to the footwells for those autumn/winter drives?
    I now have a heated screen .. sitting in a box on the spare bed but I believe that is true - you don't need a blower for demisting with one fitted.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I believe that with an electrically heated screen you don't need a heater or demist vents.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    I believe that with an electrically heated screen you don't need a heater or demist vents.

- which would actually be visually more authentic, as no 427S/C ever had a heater or demist.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I now have a heated screen .. sitting in a box on the spare bed but I believe that is true - you don't need a blower for demisting with one fitted.
    How much does he charge for the heated screens. When I spoke to him about them early last year he hadn't started to stock/sell them so wasn't sure how much they were going to be?

Presumably it's got the 'crisscross wire mesh' running through it - how visible is it?
    I have a heated screen on my daily and most of the time I don't notice it, but when the sun is in the right/wrong position it does affect the vision a bit.

Cheers
    Geoff

I just went and got the receipt - you're looking at basically a grand plus VAT.. which is rather expensive.

As for the heater element - it's slightly more visible than the element was in my Ranger, maybe; that might just be because I'm staring at it up close, though, rather than from 3' away as I would in a car. There are also the two connections that you have to find a way to 'hide'; I'll take a picture to explain..

My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Hi Aaron, l was the first he done. I had the glass shipped directly to him, but I'm pretty sure the wires come out of the bottom near the posts. Yours look like they come out from the rubber inside? The price was about the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast