Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boy in Town

New Boy in Town

Hello
    Just moved to Malvern in Worcestershire, are there any Cobra's in town. Have lived in Wales for past 20 years thought i would move east a bit to get a little more sun time (hood down). I have a Pilgrim with Rv8
    3.9. Looking forward to going to a few west midland meets in the future.
    I will not go through life meekly so as to arrive at death safely.

Hi John,
    Brian (Braincol) is in Malvern too.
    He's still building currently I'm sure you could help him out if you wish.
    He's close to finished I think.
    I'm pretty sure there's at least one more there too, just can't remember who.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Hi John, I'm in Bewdley, not too far away from you.

West Mids meet is in Solihull at the Black Boy, first weekend in the month I think.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Hi John
    I’m building a daxcobra in Malvern it’s one of the very few Jag V12 models frowned upon by manymembers but I like it. Probably take another year to finish, just waiting formy image halibrand wheels to be finished at the moment, and will be orderingthe seats from interior seating at Donington. Might see you there, Have you gotany pictures.
    Peter

Hi Pete, yes you're the other Malvernite I was trying to remember.
    Which seats are going with from Interiors Seating?
    I went with the IVA ones, I only realised when I came to fit them that they are several inches taller than you average Cobra seat.
    As such they won't go back as far in the car because the seat back hits the rear bulkhead top.
    So if you're long legged you may want o think about that.
    Kev Davies
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD

Hi Kev yes I was going to go with the IVA ones and order them with 20% discount at the Donington show, is it the head rest or seat back that hits the rear bulkhead top, do you think I could leave out the seat runners to reduce the seat height enough. I am 5 foot 8 inches. What alternative IVA seats are there that will fit properly ? Peter.

Hi Pete, it's the actual seat back that hits the rear deck, the head rest is higher again.
    The seat back is about 6" taller than most cobra seats.
    they do a normal lower version too, but I don't know how they fair with IVA.
    I would have gone with the lower ones if I'd realised the difference.
    I'm about 5' 8" too and I have the seats bolted down without runners as far back as they'll go.
    I think the lower seat would allow about another two inches rearward movement.
    All that said they are very comfy.
    Kev Davies

Quote Originally Posted by peter v12 cobra View Post
    Hi John
    I’m building a daxcobra in Malvern it’s one of the very few Jag V12 models frowned upon by manymembers but I like it. Probably take another year to finish, just waiting formy image halibrand wheels to be finished at the moment, and will be orderingthe seats from interior seating at Donington. Might see you there, Have you gotany pictures.
    Peter
    Hi Pete
    im in Malvern vale opp Dyson Perrins school would like to see your build sometime. Not really into web stuff but will try to put some of my photos on site
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    Hi Pete
    im in Malvern vale opp Dyson Perrins school would like to see your build sometime. Not really into web stuff but will try to put some of my photos on site
    John
    Hi John
    I live just up the road from you about 1/2 mile away, I'm picking my new wheels up Friday from image and spending next week finishing off the engine rebuild. your welcome to have a look at my build any time. Perhaps you could give some hands on advise on fitting my windscreen I am about to fit in about two weeks time. Are you going to Donington this week end, Might see you there if you are going on Sunday. Describe your car colour etc. and I will keep a look out for it. Peter
    Last edited by peter v12 cobra; 21-08-13 at 09:21 AM.

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by peter v12 cobra View Post
    Hi John
    I live just up the road from you about 1/2 mile away, I'm picking my new wheels up Friday from image and spending next week finishing off the engine rebuild. your welcome to have a look at my build any time. Perhaps you could give some hands on advise on fitting my windscreen I am about to fit in about two weeks time. Are you going to Donington this week end, Might see you there if you are going on Sunday. Describe your car colour etc. and I will keep a look out for it. Peter
    Peter
    sorry don't look at the internet all the time. PM me you phone number or address if you want and i'll come round.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast