Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon!!!

Hi Dave, lovely car Unfortunately something I will never be able to afford but would definitely be interested if I won the lottery What would be the procedure if somebody was mad enough/unlucky enough to crash one of these? Would you take it back in to get the body repaired or would it be a total body replacement due to the amount of possible "out of line" body damage that could be caused?
    Cobra-less for the next few years, but I will be back

It's just the same as any other metal body car. Depending on what the damage is it either gets knocked out and filled or a new panel is fitted. you just need a body shop that can weld aluminium and a panel beater.
    The only thing that makes it a bigger problem is the self inflicted one of not having the car painted, when the welding and panel beating needs to be done to a higher standard than you would need for a painted car.
    I can get aluminium body repairs done relatively easily. Worst case the car would either come back to me and I would fly one of the body guys over or (Depending how bad the total damage is) ship the car off to Poland.
    Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

thats looking brilliant Dave, might have to drop over for a cuppa when that arrives (I suspect you'll have a few people doing the same!)
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    It's just the same as any other metal body car. Depending on what the damage is it either gets knocked out and filled or a new panel is fitted. you just need a body shop that can weld aluminium and a panel beater.
    The only thing that makes it a bigger problem is the self inflicted one of not having the car painted, when the welding and panel beating needs to be done to a higher standard than you would need for a painted car.
    I can get aluminium body repairs done relatively easily. Worst case the car would either come back to me and I would fly one of the body guys over or (Depending how bad the total damage is) ship the car off to Poland.
    Neil/Dave Hope you don't mind me posting this as a reminder of how forgiving aluminium is: Kirkham University Aluminum Fender Dent Repair - YouTube its a great result considering the damage

Hi Col.
    Not at all. I posted the same link a few posts back.

Lloyd.
    You are more than welcome. And so is everyone else.
    I don't think I have been this excited about a Cobra body and chassis arriving for about 20 years.

T Minus is looming:-
    Almost done, just a bit of fettling to do.
    (Ignore the camera dates, the pictures were taken yesterday)

Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sumo, modified

Dave,

If its as good as my Dax 427 you delivered in July, I'd love one. Not sure about costs though, but I'd love to know. Don't tell the other half.

Well done.

David

go on David

Think how good it wood look unpainted down south

Jamie

If only.... it took 47 years to get this one! But it's good to dream.

By the way, we missed you last Saturday. Ended up with 6 coming. Have you seen the photos? In case you didn't.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/110199773@N07/sets/72157638242703754/with/11135523253/

David

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast