Hybrid View

Radiator removal

Hi all in SRV8 land

Have a bit of a leak that looks to be coming from the bottom of the radiator somewere (not pinpointed as yet). My question is, is it possible to remove the radiator without removing the engine?

cheers
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Hi Gary, Had mine in and out a few times due to leaks, thankfully its very easy, I can just undo the support bracket, and it drops straight down, if your is on a removable bracket/s you may be able to do the same, jack up the front of the car and have look or take a pic and post, BTW I just have a can of bars leaks now in the system and it hasn't sprung a leak for ages: Halfords | Bars Leak Radiator Sealer 135ml
    Last edited by cobracol; 03-10-13 at 10:17 PM.

Well, i know this is an old post, but in answer to my own question - then the answer is yes, yes you can remove the rad without removing engine

the rad will come out in two ways - either drop out from the bottom if you remove the rad cradle first, and will also come out through the bonnet area if you remove the top rad pipe and rad expansion tank to.

You need to tip rad back towards engine area and rotate it clockwise whilst wiggling it a bit, but there is plenty of space to do so.

regards
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.