Cool November news letter

This news letter is old now, but I was unable to post it before !!!???

Hi everyone.....it never ceases to amaze me how quickly this newsletter comes round, where are the months going??? For those that came along, we had a very good Meet last month at the Fountain Inn, and the skittles went down a storm as always. Well done our ladies, Caroline and Sue for putting the men in their place...lol

NOVEMBER MEET - 24th November, 2013

Meet at Goodwood from 10,30 onwards for coffee and chat, then off for lunch:

The Oystercatcher
    Yapton Rd, Littlehampton, West Sussex BN17 5RU

CHRISTMAS DINNER & DISCO - Saturday, 14th December, 2013
    Venue: The Robin Hood, Shripney, West Sussex
    I think this year is going to be a fantastic event. We have 41 people confirmed with a few more possible. Thank you to everyone who have already paid me and given me your food choices. I will collect from those who did not come to last month's Meet next Sunday. If you have not paid me or given me your choices and are not able to come along on Sunday, please send me your choices by e-mail and post me a cheque made out to me for £27.50 single or £55.00 for a couple.

Address: 29, Westbourne Avenue, Emsworth, Hants PO10 7QT

Starters
    Cherry Tomato & Caramelised Red Onion Soup (v)
    Antipasti Platter
    Stilton & Peppercorn Mushroom (v)
    King Prawn Cocktail
    Main
    Festive Roast Turkey
    Slow Cooked Rib of Beef
    Lightly Grilled Salmon & Sea Bass with White Wine Tarragon Sauce
    Cottage Garden Crumble Tart with a Tomato & Basil Sauce (v)
    Desserts
    Christmas Pudding
    Lemon Tart
    Chocolate, Pear & Calvados Torte
    Farmhouse Dairy Ice Cream

LE MANS CLASSIC - 4th - 6th July, 2014
    http://www.lemansclassic.com/en/s01_...01p01_home.php

Len & Maureen Wooller have very kindly offered to have us all over to their lovely French 'Pad' in Gizeux, France for a BBQ on Friday, 4th July, 2014. Their house is about 30-40 minutes drive to Le Mans. They have also offered their garden to pitch up tents and you could also 'doss down' in one end of their lounge or the barn.

For those who would like a bit more comfort, Len has researched the local Gites and there is a beautiful Chateau in walking distance.

This Gite is supposed to be in Gizeux (but the commune is quite big) and has two bedrooms.
    Gîte Gizeux, Ancienne Bergerie de Charme 6 personne(s), France

Below is a Gite complex just 1.7KMs from Gizeux, they have three one bedroom apartments available.
    La Vieille Maison - Gîte Holiday Rental in Parcay Les Pins, Indre-et-Loire, France

Another is the Les Hautes Guissinieres which is 2Kms away but only one bedroom.
    Les Hautes Guissinieres - Farmhouse Holiday Rental in Parcay Les Pins, Maine-et-Loire, France

The chateau in Vernoil is 5.6KMs away and has 5 different cottages which sleep varying amounts of people (but a bit more pricey)
    The Blacksmith's Cottage - Chateau Holiday Rental in Vernoil, Maine-et-Loire, France

And of course there is the local chateau which is lovely and has 9 bedrooms which is £279.00 for two nights.
    Bed and Breakfast Château de Gizeux , Gizeux, France - 38 Guest reviews . Book your hotel now! - Booking.com

So plenty of choices. Next year we will look at Ferry prices and options, but of course, you can book now to take advantage of any offers. Also Ros & Chris have very kindly offered their Brittany Ferry discount code. When booking add the code: membership No. S000BC (they are zero's not letter o's).

Let terry know if you think you would like to come to the BBQ, so we can have some idea of numbers and also if you think you might like to camp or use the indoor facilities.

Very Best Wishes
    Frank Dowsett BLOKE Terry and your committee.No virus found in this message.
    Checked by AVG - AVG | Virus and Malware Protection | Privacy Protection | PC TuneUp
    Version: 2014.0.4158 / Virus Database: 3629/6837 - Release Date
    Last edited by BLOKE; 01-12-13 at 01:29 PM.