Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Hope it all goes well Neil, remember the Pilgrim was just a stop gap until you got the AK so get stuck into the new build......says he who is only now putting on bits he bought months ago.

Cheers,

Tony
    I know it was originally a stop gap for 12 months, but it's funny how you can grow attached to a car, i'm sure i'll be sulking for days after it has gone
    Cobra-less for the next few years, but I will be back

All money now in my bank, in one account and moved straight to another. Have spoken to the buyer, his sister and his mother today Car should be collected on Wednesday for its trip to Southampton then its journey to Auckland New Zealand, I'll be sad to see my "charley" go (my wife names all of the cars).

Don't be sad. You know it makes sense
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Great news Neil, now get stuck in to that AK.

Rog

Well done on the sale, you will no doubt miss the car but it will give you more incentive to get the AK done.

I know it makes sense and I can move on with the AK build but althoughI didn't actually cover that many miles in the Sumo I spent more hours than I can remember on it and got really attached to it. I'm sure this has happened to others Maybe I need to see a "CAR counselling" therapist

No, you just need the AK built!

Cool

Col the Cobra Councillor is correct.
    Many of us have been there...Im sure Col will be willing to serve up the same with a box of Kleenex and a cuppa tea if you need further support.
    I vividly remember seeing the new owner of my sumo look over his shoulder and wave goodbye - having never seen my car driven by someone else I didnt know how good it looked.
    Onwards and upwards......now you have learned a few lessons, your AK will be stunning when its done.
    Last edited by KevinW; 27-10-13 at 08:51 AM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

It didn't bother me in the least when I sold my first cobra, I'd already decided it has to go so took it out of my mind. It didn't even bother me when I found out the new owner has crashed it after three days of ownership

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Col the Cobra Councillor is correct.
    Many of us have been there...Im sure Col will be willing to serve up the same with a box of Kleenex and a cuppa tea if you need further support.
    I vividly remember seeing the new owner of my sumo look over his shoulder and wave goodbye - having never seen my car driven by someone else I didnt know how good it looked.
    Onwards and upwards......now you have learned a few lessons, your AK will be stunning when its done.
    Sorry Neil, No offence meant! Direct talk imho is the best way to focus the mind on what we want to achieve, Oh Yes, I can talk the talk! but if im honest, I would'nt be able to walk the walk, but then that doesn't help anyone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast