Photo uploading problems .

I am having problems uploading photos to the system, and notice that several other people have had issues too ,and have started to use Photobucket to store thier snaps. I get to the stage where I have selected the jpg's on my PC, but when i click "upload files" an error message appears saying " 406 IO event, 2038 error ,and the process wont go any further. I have tried uploading one snap at a time , which are no bigger than 650 Kb/snap. I have previously uploaded photos to the forum without problem,so what am I doing wrong. I am thinking of using iether Photobucket or Flickr to get around the problem ,which one is best ,and are they both safe to use.

Paul.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

I find the new version of Photobucket harder to use than the previous version, but if you go to your library, your pictures should be displayed as thumbnails. Move your mouse over the thumbnail and a small cog like wheel appears, then point your mouse over it and click on "share". A new window appears with the options of Social Networks, Email or Links. Click on Links, then click on the bottom optoin (URL) A message should come up as "Copied". You then go back to your original forum post and right click, and paste.

Last edited by Clive; 07-11-13 at 04:22 PM.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Thanks for the help Clive , you may have noticed by now that I have managed to add my snaps using Photobucket ,to my recent post on fitting my grill and recorded air flow through the mesh. Now i know how to do it , I will add another post about my friends genuine AC Ace he owns and include some photos,because it has been restored and looks fantastic and thought the guys on the forum would like to see it . I am just wondering which section of the forum to put it in, any suggestions,clean ones please.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Id put in in the general discussion bit
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Clive, I was hoping the images of my grill were going to be bigger in my post ,so that they showed more detail,how did you manage to get such a large image on your reply ?

Paul
    Paul.

I would imagine the size of the image would depend on the size of the original.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Clive, by playing around with Photobucket ,and using the re-size function,i have managed to increase the size of my photo's , showing more detail,and have attached these larger snaps to my original post about my grill.

Paul
    Paul.