Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IVA Passed today

HI, Passed in Bristol today on a retest for the speedo ,very disappointed that it failed two weeks ago on just the speedo calibration on the first attempt, robbing me of a first time pass but its through now, near misses on the first test were

1, no e marks on the rear reflectors that were bought as iva ok , luckily I had some spare massive ones with e marks that I quickly changed .
    2, had last minute doubts about my lucus p700 headlights and replaced them with cheap e marked ones two days before the test ,p700's would have failed
    3, The best one ,I found that one of the bonnet lock covers didn't fit minutes before the test started ,sorted by rapid filing .
    The test wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be ,tester was a decent chap and was very complimentary of my build

Thankyou for all the advice from those of you that gave it , especially JRV8 the best supplier that I've ever used for anything.

Cheers, Rob.

Well done. Bet you can't wait for the paperwork to come through now!

Andy
    AK 427, LS 3 power with a Tremec box. In blue with a white stripe.

Hi ,
    Well done Rob and very many thanks for the positive comments , glad to be able to help.

Regards
    Jim

Nice! Now just the dvla process to navigate, it took 3 weeks for my reg docs earlier this month,I think I was exceptionally lucky!

Rob,

Many congratulations and well done, I bet you were gutted to fail on just the speedo at the first attempt!

Where did you get the "IVA OK" reflectors? I will be out to check my "IVA OK" reflectors for "E" numbers tomorrow!

Share your views on Jim (JRV.

Best regards - you have obviously had all your Christmas presents early so I'll skip the Merry Christmas bit.

Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Congratulations also bud!! Bet that is a satisfying feeling.

Can I quiz you regarding the P700?

I'm fairly confident with my reading of the IVA manual and I'm aware of other owners who have passed with them on. I don't see any reason for them to fail so long as the beam is correct.

Well done rob, only swots pass at the first attempt. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post

+1 also interested

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post

I'm fairly confident with my reading of the IVA manual and I'm aware of other owners who have passed with them on. I don't see any reason for them to fail so long as the beam is correct.
    HI, thanks for all the comments, When I gently raised the question about my so called iva reflectors(tiny round ones from CBS)Luckily had some rectangular DAX ones with me ,tester said he wanted to see e marks on all lights/reflectors , my p700's didn't have any e marks on either so I was glad I'd changed them ,I bought a standard set of headlights off the bay for about £23 for the pair inc bulbs and delivery
    Rob

Well Done Rob, it will probably be the best xmas present you will have for a long time!. Its worth pointing out I think, it would be very unlikely to fail with the mentioned items on, as long as there is no other major faults with the car, if that is the case then they may well add them to the "to do" list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast