Adjustment of pedals/seat

Hi all,
    I have a question for all ak cobra builders. Is it possible to adjust the position of the pedals relative to the seat position. I ask as the ak I am interested in has a fixed seat position at the moment and the pedals are difficult to reach as I am not as tall as the original builder of the car. I know either the seat or the pedals will need to be adjusted for me but wondered which can be done easiest.

Seat will be easiest, if it has AK seats then the seat cushion is lifted away and underneath are four bolts which go through the floor. Undo these, place the seat where you want it and re-drill the holes using the seat as a guide, re-bolt it down and fit the seat cushion and job done If it is an aftermarket seat, it will still be bolted down through the floor so the process will be similar with un-bolting and moving but marking where the new bolt holes go may be slightly more difficult. HTH
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Thanks Tony for the quick response. I thought it must be easy as my sumo is similar to what you have said but just wanted to check.

Regards

Denis

Of course, you could always fit runners, then you can adjust at will
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

You can also adjust the pedals as ive done, as I am quite short, but I also like to be away from the steering wheel, so I felt the best course of action was to extend the pedals, by using four bolts, spacers and nuts an a new face on each pedal, then drilled four holes in each of the original pedals, and bolted the lot together, of course if you have access to a welder then the job could be even easier, but I felt that if ever sold my car to someone taller I could always return the pedals to the original position, very simply by removing the extensions, and refitting he original rubber covers

Hi cobra oil,
    Your solution sounds interesting since I do not want to get too close to the steering wheel. Any photos of your solution?

Regards

Denis

Whoops!

Apologies Cobracol. My fingers are too large for these iPads etc and I hate this predictive texts!!

lol no probs, I know who you meant, unfortunately and much to my annoyance, as i understand a picture speaks a thousand words, I cant post any pictures here, however if you pm your email address will be happy to post some to you

If you have no got the kit yet from AK then they can alter the pedal position to assist for the shorter leg! I have asked Jon to do this on my kit. I believe he did it on his white demonstrator.