Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

West MIds meet 9th Feb

Meeting is going to be in different pub this month as the Black Boy has very unfriendly speed humps. It is on the same road and is called The Herons Nest details are on the website of where it is exactly
    The Heron's Nest in Knowle - Food Menus

If the weather is fine I shall be in the Cobra, meet at midday. I shall be there a little before all being well

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

I might try and make this. It'll be useful to speak to others who know some of the answers to my build questions

Well, very little response from the west mids crew! Come on guys, Paul is trying hard to get a good group meet together and so far very few of you care! I have a sneaky feeling that if Paul doesn't get much response this time he might regret taking on the area rep role and call it a day which will be a shame cos he's put a lot of work into trying to get you lot together. One last push, try and get there and support your area rep

According to the weather forecast there's going to be a break in the wet weather so Sunday in Knowle will be partly cloudy , 7 degrees C with zero percentage chance of rain.

So it should be a good day for a Cobra trip out.

Unfortunately I have been dragged away this weekend or I would have been there in the old tin top.

I have however already pencilled in the March meeting on the Cobra calendar so I've got no excuse next month.

Cheers,

Tony
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

My reply as club website.Tony wrong time of year to try to cajole people to come out in this shit weather.
    I will not go through life meekly so as to arrive at death safely.

I dunno. Isn't cobra replica ownership about more than just driving it or standing around in a car park looking at others? I thought it was about building, modifying, improving and enjoying the discussions. Surely you don't *need* to drive the cob to a meeting. Surely just sitting in the pub with a pint, discussing the above, is a large part of being an enthusiast, whether the cob is out, unseen, in the car park, or at home, equally unseen, in the garage. Do we really need the weather to be dry, sunny and warm before we even meet to discuss our cars?

I went out in mine yesterday. Rounded a corner and found myself in about 8" of water. Bloody great cloud of steam from the side pipes and a Cobra covered in dirty brown water and grit! Still that meant I didn't really care about the rest of drive and had some great fun driving around the Dunstable Downs and local back roads. Mind you it did mean the local valeters got to clean off most of the carp. Then I spent another 3 hours cleaning it when I got home. Still love being out in it this time of year. You do get the occasional glorious day even this time of year.

Andy
    AK 427, LS 3 power with a Tremec box. In blue with a white stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by volospian View Post
    I dunno. Isn't cobra replica ownership about more than just driving it or standing around in a car park looking at others? I thought it was about building, modifying, improving and enjoying the discussions. Surely you don't *need* to drive the cob to a meeting. Surely just sitting in the pub with a pint, discussing the above, is a large part of being an enthusiast, whether the cob is out, unseen, in the car park, or at home, equally unseen, in the garage. Do we really need the weather to be dry, sunny and warm before we even meet to discuss our cars?
    If only more people had this attitude, this is exactly how it should be. I re-started the East Midlands meet with my car in the part constructed stage, just cant get my head around why so many people think they cant attend a meet if they are not in their Cobra.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

I agree, my reply was meant to say delayed by family things. I use my cob every day, my only personal transport, other people may feel different about winter driving.
    volospian, what are you building at the moment.
    I will not go through life meekly so as to arrive at death safely.

Yeah, sorry, wasn't aimed at you or anybody in particulat, just at those who think that if the weather isn't suitable to take their car out, they somehow can't attend a meet. Personally I may not have driven my cob to today's meet even if it was otr, but I'd have not considered that as a reason not to go.

building an AK, btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast