Page 2 of 303 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    I threw some stuff on top of it, went back later, moved most of the junk of the bonnet, reminded myself to tax it next weekend and cursed the garage door fixers who should have been here in January who are preventing easy egress out of the garage. I read the article in the recent mag about heater outlets in the footwell and added that to the list of jobs to get around to at sometime. I looked at the weather and thought if it is the same tomorrow I can clear all the crap off the car, prise the garage door open, prop it with some wood and drive up and down the drive a few times so the tyres don't flat spot and that will remind the neighbours how lucky they are to live near me.

I can then look at the list of jobs to do on it I wrote last November and realise that no matter how many times I look at it I have still done nothing...

Oh and I watched the finale of the wooden spoon contest between Scotland and Italy, and watched England stuff up Ireland's chances of a grand slam.. Swing low, sweet chariots...
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Went out into the and finished my boot trimming for an hour unfortunately then had to cut logs up all day

Any pictures of the logs? !!
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Passed IVA on Wednesday, spent the day putting the bits back on that would have failed,IE badges,proper steering wheel,wheel spinners,quick lifters,wind wings,visors etc. looks like a Cobra again.
    Rog.
    AK 427 SC now sold. New ride is a 57 Chevy Bel Air Big Block 454

Congrats Roger BTW,

I spent time glueing my wood to the body for the side vents to screw to before i finally put my body on. Hoping to spray some waxoil in chassis today as well.
    Regards
    Gav

Gav, make sure you also fit your throttle cable before you fit the body! Thanks Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Well done Rodger first time pass is a big achievement let alone getting the thing finished.
    I fitted the gear stick. And have put it on its build wheels for the first time

I walked past the remains several times, which only served to jog my memory that I really should:-

(a) get off my big, fat arse and start the rebuild process again;
    (b) sell it as an unfinished project complete;
    (c) sell the rebuilt engine & gearbox, and the remainder, piecemeal;
    (d) set fire to the garage and claim on the insurance;
    (e) leave the garage door open and hope someone nicks it.
    (f) realise that I'm far too old to be driving that kind of car, and that if and when I finally do finish it off, I'll scare the crap out of myself like before, and it's bad for my high blood-pressure, and hence revert to either (b), (c), (d), or (e).

So, not much, really.

I just hand painted all my suspension and axle parts , done way to much on engine an engine bay this winter will get them off tho next year for a sand blast and powder coat nice work mate !

Best quote on here 'I drove mine'…….well done that man and a cracking day for it to

cheers Ian

Thanks Gav & Richard, yes big relief. I have to say the tester was a top bloke,not as daunting as I thought it would be. Look forward to driving it now once all the documents come back.
    Rog.
    AK 427 SC now sold. New ride is a 57 Chevy Bel Air Big Block 454

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Shackleton View Post
    Passed IVA on Wednesday, .
    Congrats Rog, hope to see you and the car soon !
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 2 of 303 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast