Page 202 of 303 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3027
    Saturday morning 8am. The sun is coming up and the sky is blue. Bit chilly but who cares. No wind here today in Suffolk. Yeah!

Going out for a blast in a couple of hours, taking the father in law to Jimmy's farm in Ipswich!
    Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

How's the oil consumption Paul (or are you still clocking up enough miles before checking?)

Rgds

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

HI Jim

I am still checking. Done about 200 miles since the repairs and so far dipstick level has not gone down. Mind you, that's not much miles to test it yet so I will keep u posted. Apart from the oil (which may or may not be resolved yet) the car is running great now after all the other work
    Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

Glad to hear it's running better and hopefully the oil consumption has been sorted as well.

surrounded it with crap out of the shed ready for the shed to be removed and a new wall to be built to increase the floor space for a bigger shed to put all the crap out of the old shed back in again, along with some other crap currently in the garage and awaiting arrival of a bigger shed to house it, along with the gardening stuff too.

Not fitted heads as yet though, will be a couple of weeks before that happens...
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

As long as it's ready for next years fun Neal

I have finally finished the engine installation. Water and oil added today for its 1st start. I have just got the power steering and ignition wiring to connect. I am getting a auto electrician out to check the electrics before I start the engine which I hope to do in the next couple of weeks. Happy days.
    Life is to short so just do it, otherwise you may live to regret it.

DAX TOJEIRO DE DION
    chevy 383 stroker 6.2 LTR 45O HP

Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by garry View Post
    I have finally finished the engine installation. Water and oil added today for its 1st start. I have just got the power steering and ignition wiring to connect. I am getting a auto electrician out to check the electrics before I start the engine which I hope to do in the next couple of weeks. Happy days.
    Hi Garry,
    If you have done all the electrics yourself you should feel confident to start the engine, the worst that will happen is either a fuse will blow (been there done that) or the engine won't start!!!! have you plugs, points, coil etc. or computer, ECU etc. when your engine starts you will have a smile on your face for days!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Having painted the chassis in the engine bay, it was time to re route the brake lines and then start putting the whole lot back together and detail it.

Brake pipes secured

The Cobra valve covers have been media blasted to remove all of the black paint and the fins and logo now have a light brushed ali finish to them just to high light them. The top hose was made from two 90 deg bends and polished and the top pulley was also polished. All the nuts and bolts are now stainless, along with the clips holding all the hoses together. All of the hose bends are now preformed.

I've also blasted the front timing cover and water pump back to bare aluminium as it makes a nice contrast to the black engine block. An aluminium washer bottle and overflow catch can have also now been fitted on the n/s footlwell. I'm currently redoing the footwell tops and getting them prepped to paint cream. Almost there now

The engine bay as it was

The engine bay as it is now

Cheers....Nige
    Last edited by Outcast; 08-11-16 at 12:34 PM.

Always look forward to your posts. Looks great. A lot of TLC has gone in to your car.