Page 237 of 340 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3394
    Today I am in Durban at a well known Cobra builder and may actually buy one of his bodies to accelerate my built. It's 50 mm longer, but I can cut that out.
    As someone said: Throw more money at it and you will progress faster...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    - whilst i don't have your facilities, the (leaky) double garage is a massive step up, space-wise.
    We'll be here at Revival time....part of the roof will be off, but we'll be here!
    I've been following your house progress on Facebook - nothing like taking two giant projects on at once eh? Car and house, which will be finished first? House looks great though - I wish I had the patience for that kind of building work!

I'd love to have somewhere built (I'm not daft enough to think I can build a whole house myself), but my other half has even less patience than me - she'd want it finished two weeks after sticking the first spade in the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    I'm sure some can be persuaded, There's the local meet in Corby on June 11th at the spread eagle, or PM me and I'll drop by in mine. An alternative to see finished ones is the Earls Barton meeting, next one being June 7th. Feel free to PM me, I've sent you a PM too.
    Now the BMW is road worthy again I really should get to some of the local meets. Granted I'm being sent to Coventry* that week, but next month I ought to have a little bit more free time and I'll definitely try and make it up to Corby or Earls Barton

(*Not really Coventry .. Seattle)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Today I took the DB to work for first time. Demo drive at lunch went down well with a colleague

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    ... my other half has even less patience than me - she'd want it finished two weeks after sticking the first spade in the ground
    Mine would be planning the wall paper and curtains before digging started on the footings!
    You're not wrong about the cost of "sundries", I'm only 'upgrading' mine (new gearbox), thought I'd spent all the big money but just been going over my CC bill for this month and it's eye watering what nuts, bolts and the like have cost me!

120 miles of blissful noise, the perfect day in the perfect car with the perfect sound track

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I've been following your house progress on Facebook - nothing like taking two giant projects on at once eh? Car and house, which will be finished first? House looks great though - I wish I had the patience for that kind of building work!
    It does take patience, and a special kind of woman to tolerate the never ending chaos and mess.
    Not actually doing all the work myself, but there is still a lot of prep needed before trades come on site, chasing up contractors and managing the thing.
    Apart from packing up the loft before the loft extension / kitchen phase starts, Crendon is the priority for next few months. Hopefully its on the road before the house project finishes. But neither will ever be really 'finished' !
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo1969 View Post
    120 miles of blissful noise, the perfect day in the perfect car with the perfect sound track
    You had my CD's on?
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

What did I do? Got my Sumo through another MOT.
    Just one item to note was that the nearside bank of the V8 had higher emissions than t'other.
    Time for a fiddle.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

fitted new, new battery (original new one didn't fit, to tall, so took back and swapped for slightly smaller size physical, same CCA & AH figures though)

refilled coolant system yesterday and hopefully fixed the top rad pipe leak.

re-fitted dizzy after hopefully finding TDC, and took 45 mins to fit the dizzy hold down clamp which wasn't holding down or clamping - turned it over and wha'dya know - it clamps, stupid design

tonights task is to double check coolant system joints etc, fit plugs and leads, re -connect wiring and then it'll be ready for the big startup, Fire extinguisher to hand.

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Took the wife out in the car for a drive across the wolds, stopping at a nice thatched pub for lunch. On the way back had a clear run at my favourite stretch of road. This is the first time for ages that my weeks leave has coincided with some nice weather. Oh to be retired!
    Crendon 427 Chassis no. 10 - 351 Cleveland. Tot Rod mini me.