Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243 LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2423
    Robin. Is that a full fat V8 or semi skimmed Eco?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by cobrap View Post
    Took it to Bristol and ordered a Mustang...
    Even gave the salesman a trip out
    ????
    After all your work to get the Cobra you wanted ? Great car though, my daughter has a Deep Impact Blue Eco-Boost which goes very well and is super comfortable.

So jealous

trading in the Cobra ? or an additional purchase? Hard top or convertible?
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    Do you mean something like this Looks like the cap on top could get in the way as not sure there is too much clearance there.
    thats exactly the radiator that I've got. It fits if you tilt it backwards slightly but I took it to a local engineering place who could weld ali, got them to blank off the cap and weld on a drain plug. I had to modify the Dax rad cradle very slightly but even with my terrible welding skills (basic hobbyist arc welder) I was able to make something that works fine and doesn't look too shabby. The total cost of the rad modifications came to about 40 quid

Dave A

Quote Originally Posted by corn plaster View Post
    Robin. Is that a full fat V8 or semi skimmed Eco?

Andy
    Full fat with extra cream mate. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    ????
    After all your work to get the Cobra you wanted ? Great car though, my daughter has a Deep Impact Blue Eco-Boost which goes very well and is super comfortable.

So jealous
    Yep. Old school, Ford powered with bags of torque from the stroked Windsor. The whole family is going to miss this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    trading in the Cobra ? or an additional purchase? Hard top or convertible?
    Don't think I have space in the garage for both Kev so may have to sell.

Meanwhile the new car will be a convertible that we can take ourselves off in around Europe. Not until 2018 though as there's a 6+ month lead time.

First time in the garage for several weeks today (a week in Seattle for work and a week and a half in France for Le Mans) and I went to fit the HEL brake hoses between reservoir and master cylinders ..

Only to find I'd ordered my custom made hoses several cm too short There goes another £60 down the drain!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Sell it here first or put on e-bay people always looking for parts

Saturday
    fitted replacement carb and got around to first fire-up of engine in nearly a year - woohoo! - wouldn't turn over, spitting out of carb - so assumed timing issue. So left it and made call to friend who came around yesterday.

Sunday
    all the below was done over a 3hr period

Timing was just out, but enough to stop it from firing - adjusted and it started first time. Good to hear it again
    Filled up radiator - surprising how much water/antifreeze to refill it needs. Small leak from top hose - so removed kenlowe temp sensor probe and moved to another area of pipework - sorted leak.
    Tightened alternator belt as was slipping (wasn't sure how much deflection belt was supposed to have when first tightened up)
    No sign of noise from valve train or smoke from exhausts etc at this point so seemingly good
    Then noticed oil on back of block near oil pressure switch - boo-hiss - issue due to hylomar blue compound used to seal manifold being crap and turning to mush - and hence not sealing.

So near, yet so far - stripped everything off again and remove inlet manifold, removed hylomar sludge from manifold end faces etc and also cleared up gasket residue (need new set of manifold gaskets now also).

So will try again later in week as won't have time mon/tue to day anything

Gary
    Last edited by nealgs; 26-06-17 at 07:42 AM.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    Saturday
    fitted replacement carb and got around to first fire-up of engine in nearly a year - woohoo! - wouldn't turn over, spitting out of carb - so assumed timing issue. So left it and made call to friend who came around yesterday.

Sunday
    all the below was done over a 3hr period

Timing was just out, but enough to stop it from firing - adjusted and it started first time. Good to hear it again
    Filled up radiator - surprising how much water/antifreeze to refill it needs. Small leak from top hose - so removed kenlowe temp sensor probe and moved to another area of pipework - sorted leak.
    Tightened alternator belt as was slipping (wasn't sure how much deflection belt was supposed to have when first tightened up)
    No sign of noise from valve train or smoke from exhausts etc at this point so seemingly good
    Then noticed oil on back of block near oil pressure switch - boo-hiss - issue due to hylomar blue compound used to seal manifold being crap and turning to mush - and hence not sealing.

So near, yet so far - stripped everything off again and remove inlet manifold, removed hylomar sludge from manifold end faces etc and also cleared up gasket residue (need new set of manifold gaskets now also).

So will try again later in week as won't have time mon/tue to day anything

Gary
    ahh thats a shame, sounds like you were so close to success! I had to refit my inlet manifold due to a big leak at the back near the distributor. Black RTV on those thin walls in the middle of the V is the way forward, although I made a slight bodge of mine and didn't drop the manifold down exactly square so I swapped my large rear leak for a tiny front leak but I just clean it up every few hundred miles as I can't be bothered with the effort of refitting it again

Dave A

yeh Dave, so near - but it could've been much worse - hehe

friend also said black RTV too. It was my 2nd attempt with the sealant as first time there was still a gap between manifold ends and the china walls of the black which is couldn't fathom out. a bit of youtube searching basically says to make the sealant wall taller, so did so, and yesterday was the first test of it sealing properly or not - which it didn't.

Will pickup some Black RTV from friend this week and try again - fingers crossed this time.

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy.