Page 270 of 272 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272 LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2716
    I decided to twiddle with the carb and change the air bleeds. I've swapped them a few times and have dropped the brass b****rds down the carb throat before and had to fish them out with a very very long set of tweezers so this time I stuffed a bit of paper towel in to catch them if I dropped them. Genius! Buttoned everything up and went for a drive. I let it warm up and the opportunity for an overtake came up so I went for it, then lifted off........ hmmm not as much engine braking as normal...... dip clutch and revs rise. Had to hold it on the brake to find somewhere safe to pull over. I'd only gone and left the bit of paper towel in the drivers side primary throat which was then keeping it wedged open! Whoops! Cleared it all out successfully no harm done but slightly disconcerting and a reminder not to be complacent that I know what I'm doing for one second

After much procrastination I have finally taken my engine to Peter Knight racing for running in, setup and certification although I cant get it fully certified (age related) until it is in the car.

Lets see how I've done in a week or so. Must say I'm a bit nervous as this was quite an undertaking but enjoyable too.

Cheers,
    Stu.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AK427 Gen III, Ford 347, TKO600
    Build Blog:- stu238-ak427.blogspot.co.uk

After much prevarication, finally sent all the documents off to book an IVA test.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Certainly looks the part that Stu, glad you enjoyed the build. Understand the latter reasons but wonder why you aren’t doing the running in? Easier to have the job lot done at PK racing?

Fingers crossed and hope all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    After much prevarication, finally sent all the documents off to book an IVA test.
    Nice one, good luck with that too.

Put a gallon of fuel in her, first MOT in 4 years next week, will be going with my fuel can a few more times I think.

Well done Kevin, do you mind if I ring you to guide me through some details as I too am about to submit to an IVA test application ?
    Thanks Lee
    Text me your number and a best time to call you, thanks 07xxxxxx
    Last edited by Happy Jim; 15-05-18 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Number removed

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    Well done Kevin, do you mind if I ring you to guide me through some details as I too am about to submit to an IVA test application ?
    Thanks Lee
    Text me your number and a best time to call you, thanks 07xxxxxx
    ......done!
    Last edited by Happy Jim; 15-05-18 at 09:58 PM. Reason: number removed
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Tweaked the timing using a vacuum gauge, runs much smoother now. Also sorted the lack of servo assistance on the brakes, valve had split so replaced with a spare I had. Gave the garage a tidy ready for the lift being delivered tomorrow

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

Quote Originally Posted by seph View Post
    Tweaked the timing using a vacuum gauge, runs much smoother now.
    Being curious... just how did you accomplish this? Inquiring minds want to know... at least I do! LOL.
    John

my world... my universe... my garage.