Page 283 of 303 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3027
    Took mine Out today ...Last day : - (
    SORN tomorrow
    Nice car David ...nice ramps too
    Jon W

I had refreshed a few suspension bits as some rubbery parts are now 8 years old since I started building the car and mysteriously the handling just went completely out the window. Lurching all over bumps, arm breaking feedback through the wheel and general nervousness and skittishness. Thanks to advice from Dax I discovered that I had put standard jag upper ball joints on and they should be specials with a larger range of motion! New parts ordered and swiftly delivered with no fuss. First time I have dealt with Dax in its current form and I'm a happy camper. Parts fitted today and handling is back to how it should be. Quick blast out, first run out in a couple of months and all the worries of work and life melt away

regards

Dave A

Well after all of the Hydraulic release bearing woes I fitted the fuel filler cap and that went really well, then had to walk the wife and the dogs came along too.
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by hifihedgehog View Post
    I had refreshed a few suspension bits as some rubbery parts are now 8 years old since I started building the car and mysteriously the handling just went completely out the window. Lurching all over bumps, arm breaking feedback through the wheel and general nervousness and skittishness. Thanks to advice from Dax I discovered that I had put standard jag upper ball joints on and they should be specials with a larger range of motion! New parts ordered and swiftly delivered with no fuss. First time I have dealt with Dax in its current form and I'm a happy camper. Parts fitted today and handling is back to how it should be. Quick blast out, first run out in a couple of months and all the worries of work and life melt away

regards

Dave A
    Hi Dave,

What are the special upper ball joints ? Are these on standard chassis or De-dion and any part numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Hi Dave,

What are the special upper ball joints ? Are these on standard chassis or De-dion and any part numbers ?
    De Dion chassis needs high articulation ball joints due to the camber comp front end needs a joint that can rotate a bit further. The standard jag ones run out of available movement. I'm afraid I don't know what the part number is, I rang Dax and they said "you need these!" I don't know if they are truly "special" ones or are just off another car.

regards

Dave

Carried out a full mechanical overhaul** prior to it’s MOT tomorrow.

Jim

** Fitted new wiper blades!
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    Carried out a full mechanical overhaul** prior to it’s MOT tomorrow.

Jim

** Fitted new wiper blades!

My last MOT the tester said hmm I'm afraid I'll have to give you an advisory as you could polish your wheels a little bit more

Finally bit the bullet and removed the diff, wishbones & callipers all in one go. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

Just done the tappets on the 427, all were slightly slack. Have repainted the rocker covers while they were off. Now fitting LED headlight bulbs! Been interrupted by the wife. Will have to finish it later! it will be interesting to see how the headlights work.

but battery on charge, quick check over, ready for a bit of a trip out tomorrow - hoping weather as nice as today
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.