Page 285 of 306 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3058
    Quote Originally Posted by AKCobra View Post
    They look great, Christmas present for me

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...nversion-9-32v

Alan.
    Did you go for 3000K Warm White or 6000K Pure White ?
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Took off Driveshafts in readiness for new UJ's. Battery on Trickle Charge.
    Condensation on the garage floor is terrible! Carpet over most of the floor but will have to spend some money and floor tile all the floor
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    Took off Driveshafts in readiness for new UJ's. Battery on Trickle Charge.
    Condensation on the garage floor is terrible! Carpet over most of the floor but will have to spend some money and floor tile all the floor
    Charlie
    Didn’t you do uj’s last year?

You are correct!! When assembled last year there was no movement. Three weeks later and not many miles there was 3mm to 4mm play from top to bottom as found at MOT. Advice note on MOT! No play side to side. Hence, I believe the UJ's were from Far East supply. I am getting UJ's from Bailey Morris who assure me that they are original Hardy Spicer spec. I understand this has been an issue for a number of people, Lionel included.

Quote Originally Posted by stokeflyer View Post
    Didn’t you do uj’s last year?
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    You are correct!! When assembled last year there was no movement. Three weeks later and not many miles there was 3mm to 4mm play from top to bottom as found at MOT. Advice note on MOT! No play side to side. Hence, I believe the UJ's were from Far East supply. I am getting UJ's from Bailey Morris who assure me that they are original Hardy Spicer spec. I understand this has been an issue for a number of people, Lionel included.
    Mmm, I’ll have to check mine then as I also did them last year.

After chasing a problem on my old dax that was felt during the wheel wobble test years ago I found the following.

I have written before that if the suspension is tested on full droop the drivejoints will exhibit end float in the cross piece.
    If tested with the car jacked under the lower wishbone so it is more at ride height this effect is eliminated.
    This effect is somewhat lessened by filling the joints with grease as with a new installation.
    Once the grease has been squidged about for a few miles the effect will be more noticeable.

So compare the full droop to ride height before you invest hours of time and cash.

Andy
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Andy ,

Interested in where the play is and as you say greasing up eliminates this as new install .

Quote Originally Posted by dinosoar View Post
    After chasing a problem on my old dax that was felt during the wheel wobble test years ago I found the following.

I have written before that if the suspension is tested on full droop the drivejoints will exhibit end float in the cross piece.
    If tested with the car jacked under the lower wishbone so it is more at ride height this effect is eliminated.
    This effect is somewhat lessened by filling the joints with grease as with a new installation.
    Once the grease has been squidged about for a few miles the effect will be more noticeable.

So compare the full droop to ride height before you invest hours of time and cash.

Andy
    assuming this is using one of the older Dax ladder frame chassis?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I am talking about the original Jag irs.
    When you do the top to bottom wobble test at full droop the universal cross joints can slide back and forth (as they are designed to do to some extent) two of these add up to the feel of room at the wheel.
    When at ride height the forces travel into the needle roller bearings which should not exhibit very much movement at all.
    Shortened shafts will increase the issue slightly at full droop.

I remember finding some room and changing the uni joints and still having the room.
    Then I thought it must be the wheel bearings. So changed them and still found room.
    Careful study revealed the point I have explained.

Andy
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Fitted new Galaxy rear tyres from North Hants Tyres, Sorned it on Thursday. I also drained the tank to see how much fuel was in it when the gauge reads empty (10 litres!) Winter projects include:
    changing the oil,
    replacing the oil pressure sender,
    adding in a fan override switch,
    Sort the defective water temp dial light
    Sort the defective reverse light switch
    replace the clutch pedal rubber,
    sort the 3rd brake light issue where it dims the NS brake light,
    replacing the bolts holding the NSR wheel together that are starting to come thru yellow,
    replacing the 20 rusting wheel nuts
    Sort the wheel spinner fixing bolts
    Investigating low horn volume
    moving the warning lights on the dash so they are not obscured by my hand.
    Avoid breaking anything which would cost money to fix.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.