Page 290 of 292 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292 LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 2912
    Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    How did you insert the video into your post to make it show up rather then just a link?
    I hit the Advanced button then clicked on the Insert Video button in the toolbar and pasted in the YouTube URL.
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

Collected my sump guard which I will fit while I wait for the reg doc to arrive.....
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

Quote Originally Posted by skinnymathew View Post
    I hit the Advanced button then clicked on the Insert Video button in the toolbar and pasted in the YouTube URL.
    Perfect thanks. I have worked it out now, see my build thread

Standard is 35 thou. If you change the ignition system then the gap can increase, it depends on your ignition system. Mine is an MSD 6AL system with an MSD billet distributor and the gap has increased to 45 thou, just check for pinking under load .

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    Took mine out on it’s maiden flight, drove like a bag of sh!t, a bit of tuning work needed!

Anyone know the plug gap for 351c Cleveland??
    If you have a good strong spark I would go with 0.035-0.040 .If you have an MSD you might be able to open a bit wider. Regarding running bad I would look at fuel and carb settings first , timing. Do you have Holley 600? Is it idle or pick up issues ?

A few days ago I spent my usual two hours raising the car up in preparation for a clutch change (I definitely need to come up with a different method). Today I removed the seats and transmission tunnel. It's been around 23 years since I put this car together and I forgot a few things that I did back then. To start, each seat had one nut where the studs go through the floor that a socket couldn't be used on. Open-end wrench was my only option and didn't get much movement before having to re-position the wrench. Second, after I removed all the tunnel screws, it wouldn't come loose. I finally got it off and discovered I had used windshield sticky rubber tape to seal it around the front.

I'm not looking forward to trying to separate the transmission from the bell-housing as the locating ring was a tight fit into the bell-housing and although I knew better, I still pulled it together with the transmission mounting bolts.

I really don't like the Long style pressure plate, so am thinking of changing to a diaphragm type. The latter is a lower profile than the Long, so I'll need to add a spacer under the clutch fork fulcrum. In addition, the P-P rated by my kit manufacturer appears to have insufficient clamp pressure; only 1800 lbs and I should be using 2400 lbs. More clamp pressure means more clutch pedal effort, "unless" I switch to the easy-to-operate diaphragm type.

I can't order any parts yet until I measure the two P-P bolt patterns on the flywheel. I am no longer impressed with McLeod. They havn't even answered my e-mail about some of their part numbers. RAM on the other hand, spent quite some time answering all my questions. It even turns out they make a kit of all the parts I think I need that not only caters to my engine-bell-housing-transmission combination, but is a fair bit cheaper than buying all the parts individually.
    John

my world... my universe... my garage.

Got everything else apart today. Oddly I found my driveshaft to differential bolts a bit loose. Not sloppy loose, but a little loose. AND.... it was me who tightened them back around 1996!

Clutch stuff didn't look too bad, although there may be some oil contamination:

Throw-out bearing was a mess, and the clutch fork wasn't great either. Some oil leak caused oil to blow back, hit the clutch fork, and migrate in where it appears to have mixed with leaking throw-out bearing grease as well as clutch facing dust.

I need to do more inspection. Pilot bearing looks good, but I need to measure the bore to check for wear. P-P lever height needs to be checked. Bell-housing alignment needs to be checked as it was never done.

Lots to do still before I order parts.
    John

my world... my universe... my garage.

Full service on mine yesterday. Today sort out a temporary repair to the seat coverings until the boss says I can buy new wider ones.
    Also need to raise the ride height by an inch or so.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Hi Jon, it's a holley 650 DP,67 primary jets. I have done the spark plugs, timing is set to 18. Up to 2000 rpm it's driving okay, the second I put the throttle down but not opening the secondaries, it's either bogging or not getting enough fuel. If I floor it she goes but you can tell its running on the secondaries.

Vacuum is 26, and I'm running a 6.5 power valve. I'm wondering if the float or needle is sticking??

Any suggestions?

thanks Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Hi Lee,
    I would be looking at the accelerator pump area, checking the the gap of 15 thou and wide open throttle and that the operating arm was actually touching the cam on the primary circuit. I have done two Holleys recently and both had faulty diaphragms and poorly setup accelerator pump mechanisms, giving a blog at part throttle initially until the secondaries kicked in.
    Just a thought.