Page 292 of 303 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3027
    Congrats Kevin! I assume we'll see it at Stoneleigh now, then

P.S. Tell her she doesn't need an office, because she shouldn't be out of the kitchen.
    P.P.S. I accept no responsibility for consequences.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    Today I pulled the carb off, went through the basic set ups, blew out all the jets etc, reset the float bowl fuel levels, replaced the new 6.5 power valve with the original 6.5 I took out, set the accelerator pump to zero gap so it moves as soon as you pull the throttle, changed the 1" open square spacer to a 10mm fibrous matching dual plane insulator, set the needle valves to one and a half turns............then went for the test run.......what a difference!!! The primaries are so much smoother, upped the fuel by another quarter turn, ran even better. Once I hit the secondaries, even better, I think I need to up the jets on the secondaries but I was that chuffed with such progress. Had a good hour in my unpainted post IVA, No shiny bits cobra, but at least the sun was shining and I was smiling......!
    Thats great news. Glad you sorted out the secondary issue. Once you get to know the Holley carbs there nice to set up. A great tool is a vacuum gauge and there not expensive to set up your idle mixtures for max vacuum and also if you plumb it in so you can watch the gauge on a run. I set mine up and had it on a rolling road and AIR FUEL was spot on so no re-jetting only adjustment was timing advance to near pinking and got 25 bhp and 25 ilb torque across power range. Different car once back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    V5 arrived today, just over 2 weeks after posting.
    Off to get plates made up this afternoon, and hopefully a first drive using the new registration this w/e.
    Its been a long time coming.....! Hooray! (and a TFFT muttered by the lady still awaiting skirting boards, window cills and a functional home office )
    Stoneleigh here we come then, stop whinging about the petrol and get going.
    Anyway you have to go to Stoneleigh to pick up the "no nails" etc to stick the skirting on

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Congrats Kevin! I assume we'll see it at Stoneleigh now, then

P.S. Tell her she doesn't need an office, because she shouldn't be out of the kitchen.
    P.P.S. I accept no responsibility for consequences.
    Now even as a Peterson fan living with a feminist, that's not one I am prepared to test out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblock View Post
    Stoneleigh here we come then, stop whinging about the petrol and get going.
    Anyway you have to go to Stoneleigh to pick up the "no nails" etc to stick the skirting on
    Good point...not sure it will stand up in the 'kitchen court of life'' but worth a punt at breakfast
    Rather pleased with myself now that I have got LED 542s fitted at the rear (Aaron, you are defo going to want a set!), only rain can stop play now.
    Drumming my fingers here awaiting local car shop to call me to say the number plate are ready. Hoping for a run out at the w/e.....wishing I had booked a place on the local DriveIt! event on Sunday
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

LED 542s fitted at the rear (Aaron, you are defo going to want a set!),
    I've got a set! Spidya ones.. any pictures of yours fitted? Did you make new plinths etc for them in the end and blend them into the body?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Good point...not sure it will stand up in the 'kitchen court of life'' but worth a punt at breakfast
    Rather pleased with myself now that I have got LED 542s fitted at the rear (Aaron, you are defo going to want a set!), only rain can stop play now.
    No such thing as wrong weather, just inappropriate clothing, Quote Billy Connely

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I've got a set! Spidya ones.. any pictures of yours fitted? Did you make new plinths etc for them in the end and blend them into the body?
    We are discussing plinths and blending when Kev gets to Stoneleigh on the Sunday.
    Notice I said when, not if

Interesting on the spacer, i have a 1 inch 4 hole ( like the bottom of the carb) wonder if a split plenum type is a better bet like to match my inlet? Also what angle is your holley carbs, ie are you pointing downwards slightly or dead level.?

graham

Cheers Jon, what should the timing be st at?
    Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Sun visors

Fitted the sun visors onto my screen tonight. Worst job ever! Not the fitting...............but the tension of waiting for the screen to crack......but thank God all went well.
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!