Page 302 of 303 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303 LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3027
    It was 41.9 degC in the sun. So I went for a drive to cool off. It was wonderful. The car is working better than it ever has this summer due to a different clutch and less restrictive air filters. That part was wonderful too!

Best part was I stopped working on the Potting Shed to go for a drive and the missus didn't mind! No wait, the two G & T's I just had topped off the day!
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

41ºC in Nova Scotia? I thought that was the frozen wastelands like the rest of Canada!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    41ºC in Nova Scotia? I thought that was the frozen wastelands like the rest of Canada!
    Global warming, we're all doomed, doomed I say. On the bright side I won't need to worry about fitting a top but I will obviously need to move to Nova Scotia. Do they have Aldi in Nova Scotia?

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

I will admit it was only 30degC in the shade, but even that, although not unusual, is not frequent. The water has warmed up too and we spotted a Trigger Fish in the river the other day. Various tropical fish have also been spotted in Halifax harbour.

We don't have any ALDIs (grocery stores?) that I know of, but we now have Great White sharks. Their new breeding ground has moved from the Cape Cod area in the US to the islands around the mouth of the river I live on. Currently five are being tracked (the tracking devices put on in Florida).

So it's wiser to shop for groceries than to swim in the ocean. Better yet, go for a cruise in the Cobra!

Oh... another plus. During my drive the water temperature stayed at the normal 180degF the whole trip. The oil temperature matched that except for when I was driving around town where the low speed allowed the oil temp to reach 200degF. It cam back down as soon as I got out of town.

I did make one stop in town, but only for 10 to 15 minutes. The engine started right back up with no sign of vapour lock or percolation. So my swap of a copper fuel line to steel and then insulating it with silicone tubing is working.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    So my swap of a copper fuel line to steel and then insulating it with silicone tubing is working.
    Any pics, and are you running a mechanical or elect fuel pump?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Any pics, and are you running a mechanical or elect fuel pump?
    Yes, there are before and after pictures here:

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...t=60480&page=2

Yes, I use a mechanical fuel pump.

By the way Kevin, I hope you're not getting Alzheimer's... You made a reply to that very thread (post 16) on the 7th of September of last year!
    John

I took my Cobra for a test drive to check out my new modification. What is it you ask? Well, it's not a mod to the car exactly. It's a mod for me! Yes, new sneakers!

Over the past number of years, most sneakers have a lot of cushion and flare out to the tread. I find my feet interfere with each other at times due to the close proximity of the pedals to each other. This is especially true when I first start up and need to feather the gas a bit (no choke) and also use the brake. It can also be a problem when operating the clutch and brake at the same time.

I looked at driving shoes, but so many were not exactly what I wanted to walk around in (hot pink, etc.), very expensive and really a track shoe.

I have wide feet, but managed to find a pair of cheap sneakers with narrow soles that fit really well. Almost a 1/2" narrower footprint than my original sneakers. Theoretically, this could give me almost an inch of extra clearance.

The difference in operating the pedals was astounding. At 40% off, this appears to be the best $24.99 I ever spent. They actually look fairly well made... only the best Naugas were selected to make the Uppers. Long term durability may be an issue, so I'm saving them for Cobra driving only.
    John

Technically not all today but in the last week or so I have

1. fitted new fuel pump (resolved oil being sprayed everywhere)
    2. removed radiator, had it re-cored, refitted

Today, I knocked in a hundred miles or so, entertained many people on the road and enjoyed every minute of it.

Its good to be back in a cobra
    Andy
    Dax- 350 Chevy, Holley Carb - Loads of smiles to the gallon SOLD
    AK- 383 Chevy - Even more smiles to even more gallons

Ditto, over the last week!

Snapped a fan blade . Bought a shiny new 16” Spal to replace the knackered fan, deeper motor on the fan so had to re-route the blower hoses, changed the blower oil as I was down there scrabbling around.

Must have had a leaky hose on the old setup as it pulls like a train now! Result!

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

went for a 50+ mile drive with the local Westfield owners mob - stopped of here for a bite to eat and a natter

https://www.themotorist.com/

great weather too
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.