Page 330 of 337 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3364
    On the same vein, new MSD Blaster 3 coil arrived today.
    Hopefully back o the road once fitted this w/e.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Started to cut out the templates to start carpeting the interior this evening, a few little tweaks along the way and I think I will be finally finished..........sigh............
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    Started to cut out the templates to start carpeting the interior this evening, a few little tweaks along the way and I think I will be finally finished..........sigh............

I did this recently on my AK. Got a bit ill with the fumes down in the footwells. Take care. Looks awesome though
    Russ

www.russhowell.com
    AK Cobra - LS3

After a bit of 'ahem' enthusiastic driving the other day the engine developed a loud ticking on the offside head, so today I took it apart, Inlet manifold off, rockers off and had a look at the followers and pushrods, annoyingly nothing too obvious as to what was causing the tick, number 8 exhaust rod was rubbing slightly through the guide hole so I enlarged that and then put it back together, checked the preload which was a bit loose and set it at 0.035 using some shims I happened to have, thought the combination of the two things would have fixed it but when started up it's much the same, back to the drawing board ( some forums suggested leaking manifold, checked that it's fine), any suggestions from experience?

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    After a bit of 'ahem' enthusiastic driving the other day the engine developed a loud ticking on the offside head, so today I took it apart, Inlet manifold off, rockers off and had a look at the followers and pushrods, annoyingly nothing too obvious as to what was causing the tick, number 8 exhaust rod was rubbing slightly through the guide hole so I enlarged that and then put it back together, checked the preload which was a bit loose and set it at 0.035 using some shims I happened to have, thought the combination of the two things would have fixed it but when started up it's much the same, back to the drawing board ( some forums suggested leaking manifold, checked that it's fine), any suggestions from experience?
    Worth checking the exhaust manifold again! Get your hand right around the bottom of each header before the engine gets too hot. That’s the most obvious source of a tick. Or, has she popped a hole or joint in one of the pipes between the heads and the side collector?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/469WzDQaiEVJEkPDA
    I'll give it a go Chris, as you can see it's very tight in my engine bay, by the time its able to idle the manifold is hot!, any suggestions for checking other than by hand?,

Another photo showing how tight
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dodvz1us9UHmwUeR7

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    Another photo showing how tight
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dodvz1us9UHmwUeR7
    Tricky! Small child?? (Joking!) Feather on a stick?? Actually a bit of tissue on a kebab stick might work. Might also ignite! All you can do is try your best and see.

Great minds think alike, not quite a feather but necessity is the mother of invention, as far as I can tell the manifold is ok
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/eR3UnUsmaC3CsNWr8
    Bit of tissue on a welding rod

Bit of tubing stuck into one ear is quite sensitive.
    Dek