Page 332 of 339 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3381
    I played 18 holes of golf this morning, and travelled to my club in the cobra
    Classic Replica Viper IVA passed 25th March 2021, Sold September 2021.
    TVR Chimaera restoration project in progress

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    my club in the cobra

More carpeting........to which the wife said after 2 days is that all you've done...........obviously no idea how long it takes and why it cost £2k to pay someone........oh I forgot no driving............I'll finish it just in time for rain..........

Carpet 2. Driving 0

Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Got home after my 3 day trip, 350 miles, one stone chipped windscreen and thanks to Bournemouths appalling roads a wheel spinner that shook itself off on a roundabout, luckily I was able to go back and retrieve it, apart from that all good

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    Got home after my 3 day trip, 350 miles, one stone chipped windscreen and thanks to Bournemouths appalling roads a wheel spinner that shook itself off on a roundabout, luckily I was able to go back and retrieve it, apart from that all good
    Well done, those chippings are a damned nuisance. That time of year I'm afraid. Lucky to find the spinner.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    That's my main gripe about this area. The roads are crap! I'm always finding things to tighten up, replace or just fix because of the roads. The latest thing are the side pipes starting to rattle. That's a strip down, repair and repack. And I blame the road surfaces.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnpistonbroke View Post
    That's my main gripe about this area. The roads are crap! I'm always finding things to tighten up, replace or just fix because of the roads. The latest thing are the side pipes starting to rattle. That's a strip down, repair and repack. And I blame the road surfaces.
    Roads around here are not much better that's why I have kept my 15" Image wheels with 60 profile tyres,
    my Focus has 40's on and would not be tempted with anything near rubber band tyres, like what my dad has
    on his merc .
    He is forever getting new tyres along with balancing issues, non of this is due to his driving due to the fact that
    the outer rims are not like a file surface like some that mount the curb on a regular basis.
    On a slightly different note, when I was working with the earlier prototype Transit vans for China operations over
    twenty years ago, we had to revert to using inner tubes that were a requirement due to the poor roads !
    I think we need to sort our roads to basic standards before we go too high tech !!
    Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    Roads around here are not much better that's why I have kept my 15" Image wheels with 60 profile tyres,
    my Focus has 40's on and would not be tempted with anything near rubber band tyres, like what my dad has
    on his merc .
    He is forever getting new tyres along with balancing issues, non of this is due to his driving due to the fact that
    the outer rims are not like a file surface like some that mount the curb on a regular basis.
    On a slightly different note, when I was working with the earlier prototype Transit vans for China operations over
    twenty years ago, we had to revert to using inner tubes that were a requirement due to the poor roads !
    I think we need to sort our roads to basic standards before we go too high tech !!
    Chris.
    The long distance navigation rally boys all use van tyres with inner tubes on their cars..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    on his merc .
    Chris.
    I have 16'' with 50 rears and 55 fronts. But that was my preference and nothing to do with road surface. Anything bigger in my opinion over wheels the car taking away that period look.
    Unfortunately I have rubber bands as standard on my everyday car and have had one puncture and one tyre replacement within a month of each other this year due to the roads around Bournemouth.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnpistonbroke View Post
    the roads around Bournemouth.
    It's not just Bournemouth - I mean, I swapped the 275/40s for 275/45s (sounds low profile but 45% of 275 still means a ~120mm sidewall) on the Range Rover and the ride over our moon-like roads was much improved; of course I also swapped for M&S tyres with soft sidewalls so if I try and corner too fast the tyre rolls right under the car which is interesting, to say the least!

Still, we won't need roads once they've banned personal transportation in the name of the environment, so it's all good, right?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club