Page 333 of 340 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3395
    Today I have fitted yet another pair of tyres to the cobra. Must learn to slow down (but it's such fun)! Had to try a pair of Nankang NS 2R as the preferred AO52 Yokies are out of stock in the UK. Will be interesting to see how they perform.
    Also noticed the alternator belt was loose. Turned out the supporting bracket had broken so had to take it all off and weld it up. There is always something to do it seems. Anyway, all back together now and ready for a run when it cools down a bit.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Drove it Up to Absolute Horsepower/ Crendon - and back again in the glorious sun
    CHRIS C - Maisie (DB No 46 )

Went for a blast in the sunshine, then promptly ran out of fuel! Must get correct sender for fuel gauge!

I blame lack of familiarity/use due to lock-down
    Andy
    Dax- 350 Chevy, Holley Carb - Loads of smiles to the gallon SOLD
    AK- 383 Chevy - Even more smiles to even more gallons

Used my local garage that I have previously overlooked and got a second successful mot !
    On previous mot's I used to drive a few miles further due to fact the guys new
    what they were doing with our type of cars .These chaps have now retired and the
    garage is now a metal merchant.
    Last years mot I had, was a bit anxious but needn't have worried, they had a mk11 lotus
    and a Ford Anglia parked outside and a very early Capri with the long boot having an mot .
    The couple that owned it were older than me !
    Will stick with my local garage from now on .
    Chris.

Chris,

I would be interested which garage you used as I get asked by a number of people for an old school garage.

John
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Chris,

I would be interested which garage you used as I get asked by a number of people for an old school garage.

John
    John,

The garage I am using is called Central Motor Services, unit 2, Foundry Business Park, Hockley .
    If you need further details just let me know.
    It is a fair way out for you, it's next to Hockley railway station.
    Chris.

They only seem to be open for mot's Mon, Tue and Wednesday's ?

Whilst I’m self isolating I decided to prepare the Dax for the 300 mile round trip to Silverstone this coming weekend. Sorted out a couple of warning lights, replaced both side pipes rubber mounting bobbins then decided to look away the carb. Good job I did. She’s only running on two chokes, the vac secondary’s don’t seem to be working. And also the vac secondary float bowl float seems to not be doing its job. No wonder she stinks! So I’ve ordered some Holley stuff from Real Steel to address these problems.
    So carried on with a bit of cleaning till tomorrow.
    Tomorrow if weather says I can I’ll adjust the suspension springs as it’s about 500 miles since the suspension change. Top up the diff oil and check the gearbox oil.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

When my secondarys weren't working I discovered the actuating rod under the diaphragm was being fouled by a jubilee clip, once moved they worked fine, easiest power increase ever!, the float bowl thing is a common problem make sure the level is adjusted right and it doesn't hurt to change the float they're cheap enough, easy fix

Well as I’m waiting for spares to arrive I thought it better to make sure nothing else is amiss with the carb. So today I disassembled the secondary float bowl to see what was going on. The junk that was floating around was eye watering.
    I bought the carb as a remanufactured on from Real Steel way back in 2004. I had some teething problems with it then with iron filings still present which caused me no end of problems. However she got me from the UK down to Madrid where I moved to. It was then the problems started.
    Anyway, back to the present. It seems that there is sealant where there really shouldn’t be and this has degraded over time and found it’s way under the needle valve causing the float chamber to fill itself with fuel. This lot got cleaned out today. The float itself is the solid type which I tested. No buoyancy issues there.
    So, still waiting for my parcel of bits so that I can put the thing back together.
    I haven’t done anything with the vacuum secondary mechanism yet, one thing at a time. You never know, one remedy may remedy the other problem. If it doesn’t, well, two chokes are better than no chokes. That won’t stop me from going to Silverstone. I’ll buy the parts and fit them next week.
    The book I have been using is bloody excellent! Holley Rebuilding and Modifying by Jeff Williams. ISBN 0-931472-27-X. I highly recommend it. Full of illustrations, tips on modifying. Lots of do’s and don’ts and STOP’s! if you find something specific.
    That’s all for now.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.