Page 336 of 340 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3395
    I wonder if you can use the same mix for mohair tonneau covers and roofing.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

I don't recall which member suggested the idea of replacing the throttle outer cable with a teflon-lined, braided type - but I've just done it. Whilst there, I shortened the outer cable - removing a somewhat unnecessary 'S' bend in the line. Wow - the difference - I now have the lightest of return spring fitted - and the throttle pedal is feather-light. Amazing. Don't forget to clean/de-grease the inner cable when you do it.
    Also, I want to mention 'Venhill Engineering Ltd' for their ferrules - these cable experts supplied exactly what I needed to complete the job. The perfect stepped-end ferrules to fit the outer cable. Great company to deal with.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    I don't recall which member suggested the idea of replacing the throttle outer cable with a teflon-lined, braided type - but I've just done it. Whilst there, I shortened the outer cable - removing a somewhat unnecessary 'S' bend in the line. Wow - the difference - I now have the lightest of return spring fitted - and the throttle pedal is feather-light. Amazing. Don't forget to clean/de-grease the inner cable when you do it.
    Also, I want to mention 'Venhill Engineering Ltd' for their ferrules - these cable experts supplied exactly what I needed to complete the job. The perfect stepped-end ferrules to fit the outer cable. Great company to deal with.
    Sounds like a good job, well done. How about posting where you got all the bits from plus component details?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Sounds like a good job, well done. How about posting where you got all the bits from plus component details?
    Good idea - I'll post a new thread in 'General Tech Tips'. Coming up...
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Yes, I have to make up a whole new cable so this would be very useful.

Took the old black Dax to the Helmingham Hall Classic Car show and parked next to Mrs B's Triumph Spitfire (fresh out of lockdown restoration).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Steering away from political issues with "e" petrol for now,
    filled up the cob with premium grade Esso and when out for a good spin and it was quite a hot day
    around here, all good no issues, no overheating even in the car .A good run out .
    Chris.

Well not exactly a cobra but what a lovely car!! Mike Halewood's Iso Grifo which now belongs to a local collector. Just had a look at the carb this morning to try to solve a high end problem

Tuned the carb, replaced float valves etc but did not solve the problem! More tests needed!!! Took a long time to fill the float chambers so might be a fuel pump issue. She was set well rich which could have been to compensate for poor fuel supply, anyway it's going to be the usual process of elimination. Will have to work things through.

Engine is a 327 Chevy.

A pleasure to fiddle with. Just hope we can find the issue.............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Well not exactly a cobra but what a lovely car!! Mike Halewood's Iso Grifo which now belongs to a local collector. Just had a look at the carb this morning to try to solve a high end problem

Tuned the carb, replaced float valves etc but did not solve the problem! More tests needed!!! Took a long time to fill the float chambers so might be a fuel pump issue. She was set well rich which could have been to compensate for poor fuel supply, anyway it's going to be the usual process of elimination. Will have to work things through.

Engine is a 327 Chevy.

A pleasure to fiddle with. Just hope we can find the issue.............
    Put inline fuel pressure gauge will show if you pump or pressure regulator is the problem. Should get about 5 psi into the feed line too the carb.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

wasn't today, but last weekend and job for this week managed to find replacement brake light switch so fitted and need to bleed brakes now (ordered 2 additional brake light switches to keep in stock incase - part no. 51630) and a new Fan control unit (Davies Craig one) which i also need to fit.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.