Page 338 of 340 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340 LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3395
    Thanks guys. Drive home was a bit better, but even then No.1 Bus to Worthing managed to pull out in front of me after the septic tank lorry had been overtaken.
    Funny because just before the schools started back I did the whole thing in 45 mins flat in my little tiny Yarris, and not a soul around.

But yeright - quieter times on the road needed.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Thanks guys. Drive home was a bit better, but even then No.1 Bus to Worthing managed to pull out in front of me after the septic tank lorry had been overtaken.
    Funny because just before the schools started back I did the whole thing in 45 mins flat in my little tiny Yarris, and not a soul around.

But yeright - quieter times on the road needed.

Unfortunately the are now too many “a souls” around!

Indeed!

And back to the thread topic:
    Yesterday I messed up a skim of filler down the centre of the hardtop (project moving ahead ever so slowly) - didn't go off properly - ended up setting like a piece of cheddar cheese.
    It clearly had some hardener in it, but I must have mixed it insufficiently, or something else went wrong. Anyway, I had to spend over an hour taking off a rather wide channel down the centre, which was very annoying. And ran out of filler. Onwards and upwards........
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Tucked mine up for the Winter months yesterday, will get it out next April. On to the GTD40 restoration next!
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Tucked mine up for the Winter months yesterday, will get it out next April. On to the GTD40 restoration next!
    Simon
    Hint: We do like a build thread!
    Crendon Chassis No.49

I siphoned the single gallon of petrol out of mine and put it in the daily driver.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    I siphoned the single gallon of petrol out of mine and put it in the daily driver.
    Well done. Not like the stupid c*nts queuing past my house for the 4 days with their engines running.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Was thinking going to get some petrol for the cob due to only having a couple
    of gallons in the tank .
    So went on a reci on my push bike to see what the situation was and managed
    to get hooted at by two women in a stationary que who thought I was trying to
    jump the que !
    All I wanted to know was if there was any premium fuel available at any of the
    pumps !
    Nothing available except diesel so I saved my self the bother of wasting my
    time for no good reason.
    I guess that I will have to wait a couple more days to go out for a reasonable
    run in the cob .
    Chris.

A cobra buddy followed me to a meet last weekend and noticed my brake lights not working (thanks Martin!). Fault traced to a duff switch. New one fitted yesterday. Nice easy job. I use a hydraulic one on a port in the master cylinder and feared I might have to bleed the brakes but let the fluid run on to a rag and popped the new one in as quickly as I could and the pedal remained nice and hard. Always good when a job goes easier than expected!!! Anyway, problem solved. Not sure if exhaust heat had done for the other one. I haven't insulated the new one. Time will tell.
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Did my break light switch last month - took me a while to find replacement as it's an imperial threaded one - bled brakes after just in case - working fine now and ordered two more replacements to have in stock, just incase

Today - took me 3 garages before i found one with super unleaded in and then got bent over having to pay £1.60/ltr for it - bloody robbing barstewards.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.