Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Agreed. But...Only if the shock and spring were not properly matched in the beginning.
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Becomes a problem if too much preload taken off the spring to reduce the ride height (and therefore the gap between the arch and tyre), reducing the sag too far then the shock tops out under use
    MkIII Sumo - RV8

Think the recomended sag should be approx 25% of travel and that adjustment either way for ride height shouldn't compromise that by more than about 10%
    MkIII Sumo - RV8

Hi Gary, I run my SR V8 with about 1 inch gap from tyre to arch all round, if I am going abroad I lift it up to 2 inches to give me extra ground clearance in ferry's etc. and as we have luggage that lowers it.
    it is as simple as this, jack it up off the ground till the wheels clear, using the c spanners adjust the rings DOWN, about 5 mil ( quarter of an inch) this will lower the car quite a bit due to the leverage, lower it down, you will need to wheel it back and forth to let it settle, it is just trial and error to get it as you want it.
    NOTE. I have seen on some cars that the body has been mounted to high at the back if this is so then you have to reach a compromise ( or lower the body ?)
    The last thing to look out for is the shocks still have enough travel and wont bottom out.
    THERE IS STILL MORE I COULD WRITE, BUT I DONT WANT TO CONFUSE YOU, Don't give up, come back to me as often as you wish, maybe someone on your patch will offer to come round and help.
    Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

Hi Frank,
    thanks for emailing, i appreciate that as it sounds like you have an SR that does`nt sit too high and looks great, i now will try and alter mine and hopefully with your explanation on what to do it will be successful, i will let you know, although it won`t be today as i pulled my back yesterday so don`t fancy making it worse,
    any way thanks everyone again and i will keep posted,
    Gary.

I have a RV8 with Ford running rear and I have just raised my height all round by placing a spacer (25mm) under each of the shock bottoms and fitting longer bolts has worked a treat. I went down the route of adjusting the shocks but it only affects the ride not the height, or did on mine.

Hi (name unless you wish to be anonymous) I think you were adjusting the stiffness, and not the lower spring platform height.
    Frank Dowsett. BLOKE

Hi All,
    well i managed to get under my car and have a go at the adjustment using my c-spanner using my digital verniers to document where the position was initially then proceeding to lower the adjustment rings down 5mm, after which i lowered the car on to the floor, after rolling it and letting it settle i unfortunately saw now ride height difference.
    I then decided to lower another 2mm of the 5mm previous and alas not a difference, in fact after a short few miles of driving it today, it seems to have made no difference in the ride height or and difference to how it feels at the rear when driving it, so it seems i have one of those Southern Roadcrafts that cannot be altered in the way it looks in the rear arch, shame, i think yours Frank may be a little unique, anyway thanks for the advice, appreciated,
    Gary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123