Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Calling all Glasgow Cobra owners, can I try on your car for size?

Hi All,

I am looking at building a Cobra kit car. As I am rather tall (6'2), if possible, I'd like to have a seat in as many different makes before purchasing a kit to check for sizing. I am Glasgow based and as you know most if not all of the manufacturers are south of the border. I'd like to avoid too may trips down south so, are there any owners in Glasgow or the lowlands that are willing to let me have wee seat in theirs or share some experience / knowledge of building a kit car up here?

Cheers, Ben

Come to the Stoneleigh kit car show in a couple of weeks. And you will be able to try all the manufacturers and the majority of historic manufacturers also (if you ask the owners nicely)

That should allow you to consider a short list of suppliers make some decisions.

Tommy

What a great idea Tommy! Do you know of any shows that are a bit closer to home?

Unfortunately your in the same boat as me matey. There are a serious lack of shows in the north, so with very little to chose from, the only option is to road trip and stop over somewhere. Lucky for me most of my family are Midlands based so stop overs are easily solved and free of charge

I think Stoneleigh is pretty much it these days for kit car shows? And its well worth a trip imho if you are considering a build. Seeing 30+ cobras makes it much easier to see what you like/don't like between finished kits. But also, I'd suggest that you are also choosing the support from the factory as well the actual kit - some of the people who are going to be helping you over the phone and selling you bits for the next 3- 4 years you might just 'click' with more than others so talking to them in person is well worth doing.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
    What a great idea Tommy! Do you know of any shows that are a bit closer to home?
    Ben,

We do have occasional "Garage Meets" in Newcastle for local CRC members which could almost be classed as shows. You would be more than welcome if you could get over the wall.

Regards,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    Ben,

We do have occasional "Garage Meets" in Newcastle for local CRC members which could almost be classed as shows. You would be more than welcome if you could get over the wall/soon to be passport controll/currancy exchange.

Regards,
    Ian
    fixed it for you mate!!
    It's alive!!!! Whahaha haha. I'v created a monster!http://tommysak427.blogspot.com..……Because I'm classed as young I am inferior, I must respect my elders, especially the ones with a full garage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking at building a Cobra kit car. As I am rather tall (6'2), if possible, I'd like to have a seat in as many different makes before purchasing a kit to check for sizing. I am Glasgow based and as you know most if not all of the manufacturers are south of the border. I'd like to avoid too may trips down south so, are there any owners in Glasgow or the lowlands that are willing to let me have wee seat in theirs or share some experience / knowledge of building a kit car up here?

Cheers, Ben
    Hi Ben,
    If you are considering a 289, I know of a rather tall gentleman in East Kilbride who has a Hawk that you could probably get to see.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Hi, I live in the Briggs got a GD with the standard bucket seat or ally raceseat . PM me if you want to drop in for a fitting

Cheers James
    GD 427 euro LS1 Magnum T56 (sweet)

I am in Dundee if you want to come and see how the fit for a AK goes, I had a similar problem and found the AK was okay for those with longer legs, can operate the indicators with my knees- might look to fit higher stalks or smaller ones one day. The settling in to the car involves and stand and lower movement that can get looks but once inside its comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast