Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone running their cob without a heater?

Hi All
    My heater hose just gave out, before I replace it, is anyone else running their car without the heater connected? It always seems to me there's enough residual heat from the engine to keep you warm.
    Or does the extra rad in the heater help keep the cooling under control.?

Geoff

Wouldn't be without mine it's lovely on those cold February mornings. I do find my temp gauge drops slightly when I switch the fan on.

Rog

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Hi All
    My heater hose just gave out, before I replace it, is anyone else running their car without the heater connected? It always seems to me there's enough residual heat from the engine to keep you warm.
    Or does the extra rad in the heater help keep the cooling under control.?

Geoff
    AK 427 SC now sold. New ride is a 57 Chevy Bel Air Big Block 454

Yep, if you use the car on cold crisp mornings its a little godsend to be able to warm you a little
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Agree with the others wouldn't be without it on a cold morning.

I'm a heater virgin, having used my car for many years without one. In the summer I found a heater was likely to be a pain, in the winter, it would have been welcome.

I must confess that the ability to clear the windscreen of ice on the inside when passing over the French/Italian Alps at 3am would have been welcome function, hence I have now included a heater in the latest rebuild/refurb. I also no longer fancy wrapping up like the Michelin man, and wearing the wife's headscarf. I do intend to fit isolating valves however, as the passenger footwell will no doubt become like a fan oven during the warmer months. And no doubt the Chevy block heaters will add to the ability to have warm air from the off in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by chillidoggy View Post
    I'm a heater virgin, having used my car for many years without one. In the summer I found a heater was likely to be a pain, in the winter, it would have been welcome.

I must confess that the ability to clear the windscreen of ice on the inside when passing over the French/Italian Alps at 3am would have been welcome function, hence I have now included a heater in the latest rebuild/refurb. I also no longer fancy wrapping up like the Michelin man, and wearing the wife's headscarf. I do intend to fit isolating valves however, as the passenger footwell will no doubt become like a fan oven during the warmer months. And no doubt the Chevy block heaters will add to the ability to have warm air from the off in winter.
    you won't need the isolating valves to stop the flow of warm air.....no air flows through the matrix until you switch the blower on.

rgds

Jim

Yes, Jim I am perfectly aware of that.

However, the heater matrix, and hence the heater casing itself will reach the same temperature as the coolant, and radiates heat into the footwell. Which co-incidentally is about 150mm above the passenger's tootsies...................

No heater here.

Heaters, Pah! Cobras are supposed to be mens' cars, but you've all turned into a bunch of softies.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by chillidoggy View Post
    Yes, Jim I am perfectly aware of that.

However, the heater matrix, and hence the heater casing itself will reach the same temperature as the coolant, and radiates heat into the footwell. Which co-incidentally is about 150mm above the passenger's tootsies...................
    Someone on here came up with a great idea of running the fan in reverse to help matters. 6

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    No heater here.

Heaters, Pah! Cobras are supposed to be mens' cars, but you've all turned into a bunch of softies.

Paul
    Yet you still have one Paul
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast