Thread: Local IVA?

Local IVA?

Hi.

I'm at the point where I need to start worrying about IVA. I'm based in south Kent. Is the nearest testing station in Gillingham? Any idea who/how I can get in touch to start getting to understand what they are looking for. I have the book(s), but wouldn't mind being able to check that what I come up with as solutions is acceptable before I start drilling holes in everything.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-and-potfs.pdf

I can't see any way of contacting them except through the DVLA to book an official inspection.

Martin

Can't answer your question about IVA stations in your area without checking DVLA IVA locations which I'm sure you can do as well as I can, but I just turned up to the Llantrisant testing station and waited until the tester was free, then asked to have a word with him. Wasn't too sure what kind of a reception I would get, but he was friendly and helpful and spent his coffee break with us, giving us lots of info. He told a tale about a chap who turned up with a car which had a slightly different VIN to the one on the application form - result, test not started and £450 completely down the drain.

Good luck,

Brian

Yes Ambley Road, Gillingham ME8 0SJ

They are pretty approachable at Gillingham - you could try 01634 232541.

Whereabouts in Sth Kent are you?
    Cobra not quite as shiny as my head

had my sva there in 2007. decent chaps, not averse to a bit of pi$$ taking too.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.