Manchester Airport Show - this weekend

I reserved the Cobra a Club a space on this last year; smallish low hassle show. Details below:

I've no Cobra for the foreseeable future, but it's a nice event for those who would like to go

Jon

Subject: Your arrival at the Manchester Airport Aviation & Transport Festival 2014
    Dear Classic & Historic Vehicle Enthusiast,

We are looking forward to seeing you and/or the members of your club at this years Manchester Airport Aviation & Transport Festival on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July 2014

Please will you arrive at the Runway Visitor Park (RVP) between 08.00 & 09.30 hrs on each day.

Attached is an Information Sheet which should be printed and copies given to each vehicle which is attending.

Upon arrival at the RVP each vehicle will be given a Windscreen Sticker to allow free admission to the Aviation & Transport Festival.

Reservations are now closed for Classic and Historic Vehicles for both Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July

Looking forward to seeing you in July.

Best Regards

David Mackereth
    Outdoor Events Organiser – The Aviation Society
    e-mail davidmackereth01@gmail.com
    Oh crap...the wife has realised there is no such thing as a 5 minute job !

The Aviation and Transport Festival – Sat. 5th & Sun. 6th July 2014
    Arrival & Admission Information for all Historic & Classic Car Owners

Welcome to the sixth “Under the Wings of Concorde” Aviation and Transport Festival, we wish you a successful and enjoyable weekend. The information below is important and we ask that you read and fully understand it.

Address​Directions
    The Runway Visitor Park, (RVP)​Exit the M56 Motorway at junction 6 and follow the​
    Sunbank Lane, ​“Concorde & Viewing Park” signs. The location is only
    Altrincham. ​a short drive from the Motorway.
    WA15 8XQ.

Timetable for . Arrival
    Friday 4th July 2014
    13:00 Hrs ​Selected outdoor and indoor exhibitors & traders may commence their set up by prior arrangement - please contact David Mackereth or Glenn Wheeler.
    21:00 Hrs ​Runway Viewing Park Closes
    Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July 2014
    07:00 Hrs ​Admission for all outdoor and indoor traders & exhibitors.
    (08.00 Hrs on Sunday)
    08:00 Hrs. ​Access for General Public & Admission for Historic & Classic Vehicles​
    09.00 Hrs​All Indoor and Outdoor Exhibitors & Traders to be on-site by this time.
    10:00 Hrs ​Indoor Aviation & Transport Festival Opens
    All Historic, Classic and Military Vehicles to be on-site by this time.
    12.15 Hrs​Commencing 30 minutes after the Emirates A380 has landed, (aircraft expected at 11:45 hrs),
    (Approx)​there will be a one hour period for Exhibitors & Traders vehicles to access & egress the site. Vehicles leaving during this period are to contact the respective Marshall for their section. Vehicles arriving during this period will be directed by the Gate Marshall. ​
    17:00 Hrs​Indoor Aviation & Transport Festival closes
    ​All participants may leave.
    21:00 Hrs ​Runway Viewing Park Closes

Please will all owners of Historic & Classic Cars arrive at the RVP between 08.00 & 09.30hrs on both days. If you arrive earlier it is very important that you DO NOT wait on the approach road to the park. It is marked by double yellow lines and provides access to one of the airports emergency crash gates. We suggest waiting in the side road at the nearby Romper Public House. The Police WILL keep the road clear.
    In the event of any personal emergency which requires you to leave the site immediately, please contact the respective Marshall for your section, who will afford you all possible assistance.

Arrival, Reception, unloading and parking
    Before you arrive at the Car Park Barrier, you will be greeted by a TAS Marshall and given a Windscreen Sticker to be prominently displayed on your vehicle, this will provide FREE ADMISSION to the driver and 1 other passenger, you will also be given a complimentary programme for the fair. If you have more than 2 persons in the car then all extra persons will be required to pay the standard Admission Fee upon arrival - £6 per adult or Secondary School aged child, £3 per Primary School aged child and FREE to all children under Primary School age

General
    No dogs are allowed in the park (except guide dogs).
    No motor vehicles are allowed inside the Concorde hangar.
    Children of all ages are very welcome.
    The doors to the Indoor Fair will be opened to the public at 10.00hrs and close at 18.00hrs.
    Short tours of the inside of Concorde will be taking place throughout the day

Food, Drink & Hotels There will be a licensed bar, restaurant and fast food outlets available all day. If you are wishing to stay overnight, this year there are no facilities for Camping Overnight on the site, however, there are many airport hotels to choose from to suit all budgets. The Holiday Inn Express and Premier Inn chains are situated very close to the Runway Visitor Park..

David Mackereth Outdoor Events Organiser , e-mail davidmackereth01@gmail.com Tel 07722 150 733

Quote Originally Posted by jonny m View Post
    I reserved the Cobra a Club a space on this last year; smallish low hassle show. Details below:

I've no Cobra for the foreseeable future, but it's a nice event for those who would like to go

Jon

Subject: Your arrival at the Manchester Airport Aviation & Transport Festival 2014
    Dear Classic & Historic Vehicle Enthusiast,

We are looking forward to seeing you and/or the members of your club at this years Manchester Airport Aviation & Transport Festival on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July 2014

Please will you arrive at the Runway Visitor Park (RVP) between 08.00 & 09.30 hrs on each day.

Attached is an Information Sheet which should be printed and copies given to each vehicle which is attending.

Upon arrival at the RVP each vehicle will be given a Windscreen Sticker to allow free admission to the Aviation & Transport Festival.

Reservations are now closed for Classic and Historic Vehicles for both Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July

Looking forward to seeing you in July.

Best Regards

David Mackereth
    Outdoor Events Organiser – The Aviation Society
    e-mail davidmackereth01@gmail.com

The message says "Reservations closed for classic vehicles". Oh, so we can't just turn up then...

Nuf said

If its the same as last couple of years i think it means closed to any other clubs but seeing as John has registered us we are ok
    Rich

Oh, I read it as JM had reserved his cobra, but its the cobra club!!
    It was certainly a good show last time I went. Weather.......... not looking good at this side of the big hill!

Nuf Said

Quote Originally Posted by nuf_said View Post
    Oh, I read it as JM had reserved his cobra, but its the cobra club!!
    It was certainly a good show last time I went. Weather.......... not looking good at this side of the big hill!

Nuf Said
    Yep, weather looking a bit grim from this end as well for the weekend, will play it by ear on sunday i think
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by stokeflyer View Post
    Yep, weather looking a bit grim from this end as well for the weekend, will play it by ear on sunday i think
    Rich
    Same here........i heard from 'HIM' today rich.

Rob

Yes, the Cobras are booked in.... but unless I can get there un-stopped in second gear, or get a push, I'm off the road