Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 50.

Project 50.

As some of you may already know, my cobra build project is somewhat unconventional, given my choice of drivetrain components, my original intentions for my cobra build project chassis and body was to go with XCS (Gary and Peter) for the chassis, and DB (Dave Brooke's) for one of his Aluminium bodies, which would have been altered to have a removable front and possible rear section too.

During my many discussions with friends and colleagues last week, regarding my cobra build project, some suggestions raised some very good points, one of which was, although the cobra is a true British classic sports car with 60's styling and chassis/suspension design, why not go all out and design and build a cobra that I really want, no matter how unconventional it strays away from the "normal kits" so with everyone excited and in agreement, I made a telephone call which resulted in a meeting this morning, a very interesting meeting indeed, given the unconventional direction I am taking my cobra build project, the decision has been agreed to take my project to a whole new level.

The chassis will be a carbon fibre Aluminium honeycomb central monocoque tub, with removable carbon fibre front and rear body sections, the overall classic look of the cobra will remain as much as possible, that said, it will be subject to subtle enhancements where necessary, in order to take advantage of the CFD modelling

I am sure there will be lots of questions, maybe it's been done before, if it has, then sobeit, this is my build project, they way has been set, no backing out now, I hope to have it completed for my 50th birthday 2017

Let the hard work commence.
    Performance Powered By Thought.
    Engineered Horsepower.

Good luck.
    When it's finished post some pictures and everyone will say well done.
    Thinking of making one out of Loom Bands, get some children to knock the body up tonight but worried there might not be enough strength,might be a bit floppy. Also not sure about heat from the sidepipes,would they make the bands go hard and cure them or go soft? :-B \m/

Andy

Nighty night Wilf.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by corn plaster View Post
    Good luck.
    When it's finished post some pictures and everyone will say well done.
    Thinking of making one out of Loom Bands, get some children to knock the body up tonight but worried there might not be enough strength,might be a bit floppy. Also not sure about heat from the sidepipes,would they make the bands go hard and cure them or go soft? :-B \m/

Andy
    Pictures will be posted as I progress through my build project, the first images will be of the initial design, only when I am 100% happy with the design.

good luck with the loom band project and the issue of heat.
    Engineered Horsepower.

Ah! The power of the internet And weeks and 3 different dreams
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Quote Originally Posted by Purple AK View Post
    Ah! The power of the internet And weeks and 3 different dreams
    Not dreams my friend, it's known as evolving progress, and now I've settled on a final decision for the chassis and body, after today's meeting, the deal was done, I know what components I will be using, so we can now start the initial design, this will be the hard part, any small error will be very costly, not only in £££ but precious lost time too.

You can all scoff, but you will see my build project turn into reality, then we'll see who scoffs.
    Engineered Horsepower.

So is the spare cammer for sale? Sure many on here would rip your arm off for it!
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

I scoff a lot

Czar. You spend far too much time in your bedroom with your laptop and those magazines; your parents will be worried about you. Go outside and play on your bike or climb a tree or something. It will do you good.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Quote Originally Posted by Purple AK View Post
    So is the spare cammer for sale? Sure many on here would rip your arm off for it!
    If i do offer it for sale, it will be for strong money.
    Engineered Horsepower.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast