Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sunny Seattle WA

I've up-sticks and moved to Seattle for a while where the sun is shining (for now). I'm keeping my eyes peeled for local snakes but haven't seen any yet. There's a weekly exotic car morning in nearby Redmond which is apparently well worth a look so I'll toddle over there soon to take a look. That's where the pub that shows all the premiership games is anyway. Plenty of other exotica here including a few Teslas cruising around.

Quote Originally Posted by SimP View Post
    ...moved to Seattle for a while where the sun is shining (for now)...
    rains more there than here I've heard!!!

There's a couple of folks where I work (well, head office in Seattle) driving Tesla Model S's.. and an Ariel Atom.

But I've not yet seen a fake snake over there
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I'm still looking....

I'm told the annual rainfall here is pretty similar to home but it's concentrated into autumn winter and spring leaving summer pretty clear and consistent.

The Tesla showroom is in the Bellevue Mall (on the top floor with no discernible lift) and the chap in there told me they sell 3 or 4 a day from there and that one man came in and bought 7.

hi,

i'my in seat Le in September for a week and was wondering if the car fest you mention is still likely to be going.

Thanks

I don't know. I'll do some checking. There are other car shows - there's a big classic one in Kirkland (though that might be in August) and there's a huge car museum down in Tacoma. I've only seen the one other cobra so far but have located fuel without ethanol nearby so all's good.

I'm off to the states tomorrow (Yellowstone) and should be in Seattle within 3 weeks. I've got the Tacoma museum in the diary when I come back from Alaska in about 5 weeks but is there anything else around I should focus on. I'll be popping along to Brads Auto when I'm there to pick a few things up!

Al

If you are down near San Francisco visit The Cobra Experience in Martinez
    full of original Cobras visited it in June & can recommend it

If you're hiring a car there's a number of road trips with pre-planned itineraries you can follow. One is called the Cascade Loop Scenic Byway which is some 440 miles long. Although it doesn't involve cars if you like engineering then I wouldn't miss the Boeing Factory tour in Everett (30 mins by car north of Seattle). The other great aviation museum is just south of the city centre at the Museum of Flight at the King County International Airport.

Yep we've got the aviation museum planned this friday and the car museum at tacoma scheduled for Saturday. Currently up in vancouver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast