Ride Height 1995 SRV8

Hi Guys Has anyone lowered their ride height as I think the ride height is too high compared to some other cars like DAX and Backdraft. The coil overs are set at their lowest setting so I am thinking I need shorter springs and then can wind up if need be to get the desired ride height. Has anyone done this and if so what spring lengths did you use. I have the road-craft supplied SPAX Shocks (which I am changing) and springs. 450 lb front, 200 Rear. I am aware that some cars suffered with the drivers side rear tyre rubbing the inside of the wheel well although I am running narrower rear tyres (255) rather than the 275 rears that were standard so I am hoping this will not be a problem on my car.

Help and advice much appreciated Guys
    Regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the site

there was a thread on this exact same subject recently

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/gener...t-my-srv8.html

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/gener...srv8+%2Bheight

I believe that Clarkson uses 8" springs, not sure on weights - in above posts i think

The ride height on the SRV8 is the only thing i don't like about mine - would like it to sit lower if possible also. as regards to tyre rub, my drivers side rear rubs on body even with 255 tyres on when i go over a dip in the road.

rgds
    Gary
    Last edited by nealgs; 16-08-14 at 04:26 PM.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Funny that, our chum round the corner has an SRV8 that is very low and the lower front 'chin' scrapes on the ground as he turns into my road. I think he has had to reinforce it with a steel plate.

Nuf Said

who's that then NS? would be curious to see how low it sits - any photos around?

Ours is also reinforced with a SS plate

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Hi G,
    It's a bloke literally in the next road but he doesn't get on this site, in fact he hasn't been out in the car for over a year. What a waste. PM me your email and I'll send a few snaps of it.

Nuf Said

Hi Gary thanks for that , I have been driving a Backdraft Racing Cobra around as well for the last 2years so I am probably comparing the two cars, I do like the Backdraft to drive as it has power steering and a Ford Coyote 5.0 L Injected motor ,way quicker than my SRV8, and its low, but the SR feels more solidly built.

Cheers

Any pics of your SR Dave? and specs (motor etc)

Have a 383 chevy in ours, cruises well, but due to go for an engine rebuild/upgrade(?) hopefully in the next 6mths or so, at least in time for next season anyway.

Can fit Power steering to the SRV8 too i understand, at least Madgwick who now produce the SR can supply it - something i looked at a couple of years ago, but the cost put me off at the time, so carried on with my Popeye arms - lol

Gary