Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And people sometimes ask "what do I get for my Club membership" This post says it all really Nough said
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Kev thanks. Send me a PM with your Paypal details or I can mail you a check.

Alan thanks. We'll be in St Tropez either with or without handbrake. Our route down takes us through the Alps so would prefer with. Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks all

Nigel,

Rob and I are setting off on the Monday to drive the length of France. We're picking up the Route Napoleon at Grenoble for the final stage - looks like a road you just have to drive! We're extending our trip for a full week after the ECM - no firm plans yet, but probably into Italy to drive the Stelvio Pass, then a few other Alpine passes and back via Germany. So we'd be interested in the route you're planning as a possible return route for our trip! I'll send you a PM with my email address so we can keep in touch.

I hope the handbrake repair goes OK - I've been working on my Dax since February, but bar final configuration of the intercom system and a swap of steering rack I think I'm there ......
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383

Hi all just to let you know the outcome and to say big big thanks to Kev Davies and to Ed at Ward Engineering.

Kev mailed his calipers to Ed promptly - I paid him the going rate on eBay - thanks Kev for getting this sent to Ed so fast.

Ed turned them round straight away and mailed them to me in Germany and I fitted them at the weekend.

What a great help from two top guys. Thanks so much!! I know have two used calipers available to sell on eBay - when I get round to it. If anyone is in need let me know!

Tomorrow I head south to the Alps and over the Stelvio once again! And with a handbrake that works!!
    Regards
    Nigel B

Unique Autocraft Python
    Chevy 350 ZZ4 TR3550
    Ex UK, Germany, Japan, UK and now back in Germany once again!!

1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet
    351 Cleveland with 4 speed hurst shifter
    USA

Nigel,
    one day you will discover which country you really want to live in.
    I have no idea which one that is.
    Glad to have been of service.
    Currently posting from Sweden.
    I love the motor industry.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Kev you're right. It's a great business we both work in. In a few day's time I'll complete 35 years and have no wish to quit. I too wonder where I'd like to settle - maybe Germany.

I just bought a hobby car to keep me busy in the US. A 72 Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet. Apart from paint it is unrestored with 64k miles, all original steel and I love it. Gets 18 mpg on the highway but closer to single digits around town. Great sound. Super low gearing and spins wheels in 1st and 2nd. Both child seats fit in the rear too! First winter job is new shocks and bushes.
    If you ever visit the US on business let me know. Would be good to meet up. I owe you at least a beer and I'd live to hear more about your cars too. Take care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12